San Felipe Stakes play

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita - Race 5

#8 Schoolofhardrocks (9/2 ml)

Maiden-winning comebacker from the Hofmans barn has reportedly been training off-the-charts well for his seasonal debut, which clearly comes in a very tough spot today. Trainer Hofmans is no idiot however, and he must have a shit-load of confidence in this horse if he's willing to throw him straight into the San Felipe coming off a single maiden win (albeit two turns) at Del Mar last summer. Very interesting to note also that this is a son of the big, extremely talented and extremely lightly-raced Derby prospect Rock Hard Ten, who also was a bit of a late bloomer (probably due to his size), and who managed to come within a head of winning the Santa Anita Derby in only his third career start. This colt is also a very big, physically imposing individual who appears to be taking after his dad in many respects, not the least of which is talent. Tall order for this guy today, but i don't think he would be in here if Hofmans didn't think he was ready for it. And like i said, Hofmans is no dummy. Will probably attract some support, but should still be an excellent price here with only the modest-looking 2yo maiden win on his resume.

HRT record:

94 for 352 (27%)

$807.30 mutuels ($8.59 avg)

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    This colt is being BLOWN UP in Cali on the backside!!! The only backside they will see today is CC when he crosses the finish line!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Read he had 3 straight A- works. Maybe Hofmann a little aggressive picking this spot for first race back since August.
    edited March 2014
    You guys might think I'm crazy but sawyers hill is going to run a huge race..I know Kristin is in a slump but this guy has some talent and I know she thinks she has a chance..
    edited March 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    You guys might think I'm crazy but sawyers hill is going to run a huge race..I know Kristin is in a slump but this guy has some talent and I know she thinks she has a chance..

I agree, nice colt!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Santa Anita - Race 5

Maiden-winning comebacker from the Hofmans barn has reportedly been training off-the-charts well for his seasonal debut, which clearly comes in a very tough spot today. Trainer Hofmans is no idiot however, and he must have a shit-load of confidence in this horse if he's willing to throw him straight into the San Felipe coming off a single maiden win (albeit two turns) at Del Mar last summer. Very interesting to note also that this is a son of the big, extremely talented and extremely lightly-raced Derby prospect Rock Hard Ten, who also was a bit of a late bloomer (probably due to his size), and who managed to come within a head of winning the Santa Anita Derby in only his third career start. This colt is also a very big, physically imposing individual who appears to be taking after his dad in many respects, not the least of which is talent. Tall order for this guy today, but i don't think he would be in here if Hofmans didn't think he was ready for it. And like i said, Hofmans is no dummy. Will probably attract some support, but should still be an excellent price here with only the modest-looking 2yo maiden win on his resume.

HRT record:

94 for 352 (27%)

Try to get a Vegas future on this guy before the race. After the race, he'll be 6-1 if he runs like he's supposed to.
    edited March 2014
    This was my write up on my sheet yesterday. Another big day for FBWinners clients. We crushed the Tampa Bay Derby Exacta!!!!

Race 5 - #4 – California Chrome – W/P – This race lost a ton of luster when Bayern was scratched with a foot issue. I can tell you one thing this colt SchoolofHardRocks will take a ton at the windows today. The information I have been given on this colt seems to be blown out of proportion as I have several backstretch connections telling me this colt is the best 3yo in California and might be the best colt from Coast 2 Coast. I will be bucking him today with a runner that isn’t getting much respect and too me visually is in my Top 5 Kentucky Derby contenders. I’m speaking of California Chrome and I hope they back up the BRINKS truck on Schooldofhardrocks and other runners in this one has I would love to get 2/1 on CC today. This colt for Art Sherman is a stone colt runner and this field will have to have their running shoes on to run with this one down the lane when Victor gives him the nod. This colt has GEARS and today will be his coming out party for respect. His name is California Chrome not Rodney!!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Great call on California Chrome. He looked sensational out there.
    edited March 2014
    fbwinners wrote: »
    This colt is being BLOWN UP in Cali on the backside!!! The only backside they will see today is CC when he crosses the finish line!

I'm thinking CC is the Derby winner at this point. Not to draynay it or anything. There goes my pool 2 future.
    edited April 2014
    Santa Anita - Race 5

HRT record:

94 for 352 (27%)

Still Andy Harrington's top Derby Selection.
    edited April 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Still Andy Harrington's top Derby Selection.

He will be making someone SWEAT at Big Sandy down the lane. If we have a Triple Crown attempt it will be a awesome race!!! I'm locked in at Big Sandy already. Anyone wanting to join, let me know at FBWinners@aol.com I have some seats left right on the finish line.

#CashingTickets
    edited April 2014
    He will be making someone SWEAT at Big Sandy down the lane. If we have a Triple Crown attempt it will be a awesome race!!! I'm locked in at Big Sandy already. Anyone wanting to join, let me know at FBWinners@aol.com I have some seats left right on the finish line.

#CashingTickets

Maybe if i get a tax check back i'll plan a little trip. Sat with one of the owners of California Chrome in my usual spot at SA today. Likeable guy, actually has a few shades of JG in him (only a little more of a cowboy, and a 20 years older), and his wife is very pleasant as well (in fact she was happier for Princess of Sylmar than those connections probably were). They come from a small area in Nevada, and I have some family there too. They call the colt Junior, like he's part of the family, and they aren't shy about thinking he'll win the Triple Crown.

I think we should start calling him Jr. as well.
    edited April 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Maybe if i get a tax check back i'll plan a little trip. Sat with one of the owners of California Chrome in my usual spot at SA today. Likeable guy, actually has a few shades of JG in him (only a little more of a cowboy, and a 20 years older), and his wife is very pleasant as well (in fact she was happier for Princess of Sylmar than those connections probably were). They come from a small area in Nevada, and I have some family there too. They call the colt Junior, like he's part of the family, and they aren't shy about thinking he'll win the Triple Crown.

I think we should start calling him Jr. as well.

What impresses me the most about the Santa Anita Derby is the final 3F time, he came home in 36.3 in a canter under a big hold!!!
    edited April 2014
    Read he is going to stay at Los al and ship to cd on the 28th.
    edited May 2014
    This was my write up on my sheet yesterday. Another big day for FBWinners clients. We crushed the Tampa Bay Derby Exacta!!!!

Race 5 - #4 – California Chrome – W/P – This race lost a ton of luster when Bayern was scratched with a foot issue. I can tell you one thing this colt SchoolofHardRocks will take a ton at the windows today. The information I have been given on this colt seems to be blown out of proportion as I have several backstretch connections telling me this colt is the best 3yo in California and might be the best colt from Coast 2 Coast. I will be bucking him today with a runner that isn’t getting much respect and too me visually is in my Top 5 Kentucky Derby contenders. I’m speaking of California Chrome and I hope they back up the BRINKS truck on Schooldofhardrocks and other runners in this one has I would love to get 2/1 on CC today. This colt for Art Sherman is a stone colt runner and this field will have to have their running shoes on to run with this one down the lane when Victor gives him the nod. This colt has GEARS and today will be his coming out party for respect. His name is California Chrome not Rodney!!!!

Well SchoolofHarRocks is in today on the weeds at Santa Anita in Race 4. Just a heads up
    edited May 2014
    FB just watched CC work from this morning and he looked awesome..he may of gained some weight..IMO the only way he loses is if victor does it for him..
    edited May 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    FB just watched CC work from this morning and he looked awesome..he may of gained some weight..IMO the only way he loses is if victor does it for him..

I got up for it as well. He will be the final pieced of the Dirty Dozen TC winners. We are going to see something special next Saturday, unless it's a monsoon.
    edited May 2014
    What do you guys think of even-money on California Chrome (with no refund if he scratches)? That's available in Vegas right now (or at least it was as of last night).
    edited May 2014
    I'll wait another day to make sure he comes out if the work good. It's only one race... Plenty of better wagers.
    edited May 2014
    I've been waiting for about a week. Another day or two won't hurt. Probably tomorrow or Tuesday would be the time to bet.
    edited May 2014
    Well SchoolofHarRocks is in today on the weeds at Santa Anita in Race 4. Just a heads up

He look big and strong.
    edited June 2014
    I was a gun-shy on this horse after losing too much money on him earlier this year. Wish i had stuck with him.
    edited July 2014
    He's back in this Saturday (Schoolofhardrocks) at Arlington in the American Derby (G3) with Victor in the irons, Vic was in the irons 1st out when he broke his maiden.
  • mikehawk80mikehawk80 Member
    edited April 2015
    Is in at gulfstream in 15 mins Race 8.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Back Sunday Belmont Race 7