Oaklawn Hadicapping Question: PAGING GREENHAW

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited March 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
So i am going thru the PPs. I get to the 7th race... Manny Cruz flies in from Gulfstream to ride this 7 horse for McPeek then flies back. What on earth? is this the lock of the day? you better believe I am including in everything.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    I spent time on Rebel Saturday talking with Kenny McPeek. Over the past few weeks, he has been moving many of his stable from Gulfstream to Oaklawn, especially 3yo who were the victims of the GP speed strip.(not to mention the $61k purse structure at OP).

If you notice, he has two entered in this race, but I'm sure the one Manny"in the money in Miami" is on is the better of the two. However, keep a look-out on changes, there may be a jockey change in here, but Manny is supposed to be flying in for this mount. He rode him a few races back, then Joel Rosario was on him lately.

I'm making a rather large play and If the Gazette writer, Rick Lee, puts him out, you can expect 4/5 or so?
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    manny is off his horse in the first at GP and his horse in the 10th scratched. looks like he is flying in for this one mount. oh boy. this could be a good afternoon
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    I sure hope so!

Don't leave Villafranco, Hartman, or the Martin Brothers out of any multi-race wagers!!!
    Here are my pick -4 tickets:

2nd---3/9
    3rd---2/5/7/8
    4th---6/7/9
    5th---3/8/11

6th---4/6
    7th--2/7
    8th---1/5/8
    9th---4/9/10
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    manny is off his horse in the first at GP and his horse in the 10th scratched. looks like he is flying in for this one mount. oh boy. this could be a good afternoon

Thanks for the heads up. Tons of "class" in this ones running lines, and second time lasix, and it looks like he closed into GP's speed bias quite well.