Colonel John...

FASTLANEFASTLANE Member
edited November 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
If he had a better jockey, would he win tomorrow? If he wins, does he deserve "serious attention" regarding the Derby? 2.11 DI

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2007
    Winning a weak-ass stakes race in November does little to improve one's Derby status. It would help if the race was graded, for no other reason than it would give him some graded earnings (which are required to make the Derby field). It's really kinda pointless to even worry about the Derby right now. Way too early. About the only thing this race will do for Colonel John (with regard to the Derby) is give him a win around two turns, which is a good place to start.

PS - I'm told that Gallon can run a little bit.
  • FASTLANEFASTLANE Member
    edited November 2007
    And Gallon gets Gomez. I'm not even betting it. I'm just trying to piece together 3-5 horses I can throw "early" money on for the derby to make a fun side profit. Hell, the five I could pick could qualify have breakdowns and never see the track or the sun again. Thanks for your corespondence though. I was just hoping to get some brains working on anything. since so few people talk current races....