Novice players..

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited June 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
I've been watching a lot race replays lately and it has came in handy especially in my betting account. In California especially with the bottom level maiden claimers it really helps. From Sunday alone this were my results from just replays..

Race5.. Tribal dress 3-1 ml. Paid 5.60 and singled this guy in multi race wagers.
Race8..spring up..paid 12.40
Race9..nueva fortuna paid 7.20 with a 63 dollar double w/ spring up..

I know we have a lot of people that just don't post in here but here is some advice to the novice.

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I have DVR full of race replays! I also have an account with race replays. If you want to score or make large wagers on horses you need to work your ASS off to score at this game. I create my own speed numbers from pars and also have a data base with playback horse like you cannot imagine. If you just open up or view a form you have no shot a long term success. This game this day and age is totally different. It's like anything in life you have to GRIND day in and day out looking for nuggets, they are out there but don't fall into your lap. I have been at this since 1996 and I'm still learning and correcting angles all the time. I spend 4-5 hours each day at this from Jan-June and then I focus on football from that point with only 1-2 hours of horse racing.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    The Sport is different!

As most of you know, I spend alot of time on the Oaklawn backside, and I've picked up on many boxcars winners this meet, although I've not put them out on HRT, because most are big prices, and you could not pick these out on looking at PP's on DRF!

Too Late Now---everyone is on to them , but always look at anything the following trainers put out--

Hartman--Villafranco-Martin Brothers!!!

Just sayin!

I'll be at Oaklawn for the next 2 weeks---and I'll be glad to share anything I pick up on in the HRT forum with what I find out in the 5:00 am morning track kitchen gosssip?

Can't get anyone to listen to me about bringing Palice Malice back in Oaklawn Hdc., ---I guess they want to face Will Take Charge at Spa this summer---But I'll tell you one thing----next horse I buy into will be with Kenny McPeek and Madleganda!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Palace Malice is a few bad trips away from being one of the best horses of all time.
    edited April 2014
    YES--he is !!!

But you run em' when ther're fit---and he is plenty fit!!!

$500k for OP Hdc.---then you rest up for Met Mile?? What's wrong with my thinking?????
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    They had cot on TV and he said he didn't want him running that quick at the FG but he was acting in full energy..the horse looked like he grew up big time and filled out nicely..how does your partnership work with them john?
    edited April 2014
    Like I said---next horse I buy will be with Kenny and Sue McPeek !
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I kind of always told myself that if I ever owned a horse it would be by myself..I can't imagine not having no word in any decision. But I have heard some bad things about mcpeek.
    edited April 2014
    Not in my book
    Big stand-up trainer who knows where to place em'
    and he won't take s--t off anybody!

My kinda guy!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Not in my book
    Big stand-up trainer who knows where to place em'
    and he won't take s--t off anybody!

My kinda guy!

DITTO!
  • irish32irish32 Junior Member
    edited April 2014
    Gr8 advice guys, I mostly follow the jump races in Ireland & UK. One thing I have noticed here in US at the bigger tracks, a trainer that usually has 2 horses in same race not paired hits at a good percentage, even sometimes with the exacta. John Sadler is a good example. On the ownership thing, something I would love to do too, but would hate to make the stupid first time buyer mistakes and never get a half descent day out at the track. Thanks again guys enjoy your banter alot.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Palace Malice is a few bad trips away from being one of the best horses of all time.

Still feel the same. He's a real racehorse.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2014
    I was on Goldencents today. Beaten by our resident forum horse. Ouch.