C'mon guys. Hide the scam a little bit.

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited January 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Here's an article about a horse, who was on my play back list. I also made a note in FB's Easter thread to be on the lookout for this type of scam.

Turns out they doped the horse AND had Berrio stiff him. Good stuff. He was gonna run huge next, too.

Here's the article:

Purse redistributed after Masochistic tests positive for sedative | Daily Racing Form

The article mistakenly calls it a claiming race. It's not, they're straight maidens. Last race of the day on March 15th. Stiff job like no other.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    In my opinion, the scam payout is upon us.

MASOCHISTIC goes in the 3rd at Churchill today. Victor on, tranquilizers off. Lets get paid.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Baby Boy$$$$$
    edited May 2014
    10 length winner was crushed in every pool.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    All I can do is laugh Very easy winner Thanks
    edited May 2014
    My favorite part is that the horse goes 21 flat, after Avila told the CA stewards that Berrio was "saving him for the lane."

They got the big pools they needed to make a score. I got enough for a free day of wagers...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    As I have been saying, you can wipe your ass with PP's in this game this day and age. DS it was 14 and I enjoyed watching it live as I had a 1k WP on him, was sitting with Jake Balis the owner of Cigar Street. When you see that one come off the bench head to the windows. Nagging injuries have plagues this one and also book mark Mean Season also owned by Jake, if he makes it to the BC Sprint stand in line. Short time on the shelf, and they aren't pushing him at all. He has ran a hole through the wind and has never been asked. BOOK MARK'em, this is REAL INFORMATION!!!

Take Care...
    edited May 2014
    Heard the connex had over 100k tied up in bets to this one.
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    This story doesnt appear to be over yet

Bonnie Wants Investigation of Derby Day Race | BloodHorse.com
    edited May 2014
    It's over lol. It's funny though, everybody not in on the scam is angry, and everybody who got a piece thinks it's racing as usual...
    edited May 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    It's over lol. It's funny though, everybody not in on the scam is angry, and everybody who got a piece thinks it's racing as usual...

#CashingTickets
    edited May 2014
    Here was my write up on my KY Derby report!!

6 Furlongs | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up | MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT | Purse: $60,000
    Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta / Daily Double / Pick 3 (Races 3-4-5)

We finally have a horse to BACK at the window in the Win and Place position. I’m looking for this Cali shipper to AIR this field from the break. A major upgrade with VICTOR in the irons. I call this type of wager a SPEED POP!!

#1 – Masochistic – Win & Place = WINS BY 14!! WIN $6.20 / PLACE $4.20

Exacta and Tri Key – 1/8 over 1/2/3/8 over ALL = RESULTS 1-2-8

EXACTA $34.40 / TRI $140.20
    edited August 2014
    Here's an article about a horse, who was on my play back list. I also made a note in FB's Easter thread to be on the lookout for this type of scam.

Turns out they doped the horse AND had Berrio stiff him. Good stuff. He was gonna run huge next, too.

Here's the article:

Purse redistributed after Masochistic tests positive for sedative | Daily Racing Form

The article mistakenly calls it a claiming race. It's not, they're straight maidens. Last race of the day on March 15th. Stiff job like no other.

I'm actually not sure how OMAR BERRIO lost on this horse first out. Honestly, HRT boys been on this good one for a while.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Great first post (up top, with the article included). You guys are really among the best horse handicappers on the internet.

What was the morning line on that horse on Derby Day? 5/1, i think?
    edited August 2014
    Great first post (up top, with the article included). You guys are really among the best horse handicappers on the internet.

What was the morning line on that horse on Derby Day? 5/1, i think?

Thank you. That really means a lot coming from a talent like yourself. I can't speak for all of us, but many of us are very young and we will continue to get better and hopefully make a lot of money together for a long time. I look forward to it.
    edited September 2014
    fbwinners wrote: »
    As I have been saying, you can wipe your ass with PP's in this game this day and age. DS it was 14 and I enjoyed watching it live as I had a 1k WP on him, was sitting with Jake Balis the owner of Cigar Street. When you see that one come off the bench head to the windows. Nagging injuries have plagues this one and also book mark Mean Season also owned by Jake, if he makes it to the BC Sprint stand in line. Short time on the shelf, and they aren't pushing him at all. He has ran a hole through the wind and has never been asked. BOOK MARK'em, this is REAL INFORMATION!!!

Take Care...

Cigar Street a nice one indeed.
    edited October 2014
    Cigar Street a nice one indeed.

He galloped like a good thing this morning, Jake is SUPER high on him.
    edited February 2015
    fbwinners wrote: »

Take Care...

Just a heads up MEAN SEASON has 5 works under his belt as of yesterday. He will CRUISE coming off the bench in coming months. Just little nagging injuries has keep this one from being SPECIAL. If he stays sound they will be running for 2nd on BC Day in the SPRINT!!! This one can gallop 108's and 109's without taking a deep breathe. He just worked a hole in the wind yesterday over the DEEP Payson Park surface. 4f 47 flat next work to him not from the gate was 2 sec. slower!! Break the rubber band off your bankroll when he's in the gate!!!
    edited April 2015

Here's the article:

So this guy is back with a legit trainer. Apparently, Ron Ellis has turned this animal into a super horse. He's bigger and faster than the last time you saw him run.

From Andy:

MASOCHISTIC Apr 4 SA 6 1:12.2H M FT A-
    Big spin for this sometimes too keen trainee, appearing quite relaxed while never really getting out of a gallop in 47.2, 112.2. Looks bigger, stronger better out of last.---Grade: A-
    edited June 2015
    So this guy is back with a legit trainer. Apparently, Ron Ellis has turned this animal into a super horse. He's bigger and faster than the last time you saw him run.

From Andy:

MASOCHISTIC Apr 4 SA 6 1:12.2H M FT A-
    Big spin for this sometimes too keen trainee, appearing quite relaxed while never really getting out of a gallop in 47.2, 112.2. Looks bigger, stronger better out of last.---Grade: A-

He keeps getting better. Flat out A work from Andy, says horse is in best form ever. Probably the fastest 6F horse in the country right now... we'll see how he fares at 7F tomorrow. I'll be betting Sahara Sky.
    edited June 2015
    I'm actually not sure how OMAR BERRIO lost on this horse first out. Honestly, HRT boys been on this good one for a while.

LOL. I'm still not sure how he managed to wrangle this one back first out... fantastic stiff job.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Really berrio should get a Oscar from the academy or something- then again something tells me he was handsomely rewarded in one way or another.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    He keeps getting better. Flat out A work from Andy, says horse is in best form ever. Probably the fastest 6F horse in the country right now... we'll see how he fares at 7F tomorrow. I'll be betting Sahara Sky.

i watched the last raced a few times and even though sahara sky was rolling late, he never passed masochistic after the race. maso ears were straight up and he just kept going..I really think it is baze's race to lose but im giving blue tone a look to atleast hit the board at a good number..
    edited October 2015
    Andy says Masochistic could be the best miler ON THE PLANET. That's big talk. He's probably the best sprinter here......
    edited October 2015
    So the assistant takes over... they stiff everything for a year...then bombs away. First time canani off the "layoff" will be sooooo live.
    edited October 2015

Fucking guy has one in the first tomorrow...
    edited November 2015
    So the assistant takes over... they stiff everything for a year...then bombs away. First time canani off the "layoff" will be sooooo live.

Miguel Delgado will be taking over for Canani. Apparently Canani will still race as Tarma Corp, which was at the center of the lawsuit.

And Kent gets no days/fine. Ok.
  • duffmiver3duffmiver3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Mean season goes this afternoon heavy fav eighth race santaanita.
  • duffmiver3duffmiver3 Member
    edited January 2016
    No surprise winner