DCat? Where Ya At?

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited May 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
I haven't' seen you post or heard back from you when I forward forms. I hope all is well. Let us know.

Regards, Kenny Schmitt aka FBWinners

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Thinking the same, especially with the Derby. Hope everything is ok.
    edited May 2014
    ???
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I'm fine, thanks for asking. Just not posting here anymore.

I was a paid moderator here, and I'm no longer being paid, so I'm no longer posting. Nothing personal.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Lol
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    ANOTHER GOOD GUY BITES THE DUST.w2w
    edited May 2014
    That's a shame. Glad you're good.
    edited May 2014
    I'm probably the most positive person you will come across and have done many favors for many forum members here out of kindest. I'm appalled that DCat main purpose to this forum was for MONETARY value, I hate to say this but I lost some respect after that comment. Everything I have given to this forum was for the better of each other. I cannot tell you how many free PP's I have given members over the years. I spend 1K a year just on my annual PP membership and get inquiries all the time for PP's, what do I do, download them and forward them over with no question asked. I guess he has a new paying gig at another forum!

#UnReal
    edited May 2014
    That's not fair. I enjoyed posting here, and I consider you guys my friends. But when I'm being paid to moderate, and suddenly the checks stop coming (with zero notification from Ed, even after I emailed him a couple of times to ask about it), then I had no other recourse but to stop posting. Again, it's not personal. Just trying to look out for myself. FWIW, I'm not a rich man, and the extra money really helped out each month. I would be doing myself a disservice if I continued on as if nothing had ever happened. If you're employed somewhere, and they suddenly stop paying you, do you continue working there? I'm guessing for all of you, the answer would be no.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Just because he is not paying you don't mean you can't post. Just don't moderate. I understand how it's a slap in the face from Ed.
    edited May 2014
    Sounds like the writing is on the wall for HRT.
    edited May 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Sounds like the writing is on the wall for HRT.

That's the SAD thing about US today, MONEY is the root of all evil! Well I can say one thing, I have meet via online and personally some great guys from this fourm and I hope one day to meet you Dirty. I also hope DC picks up another MOD job down the road as he was very solid at controlling this board from Bull Shit artist. That's the one reason I stayed around. As you all know this is the only forum I post in. The majority or like twitter now, a bunch of DOUCHE BAGS. I'll let you all know something, I have been approached by the BIG BOYS of the industry to buy me out or join them of late once again and what they want to me do is a JOKE!!! It would take REAL COIN and my own rules to ever jump ship to the DARK SIDE!!! I grind day in and day out at this game!!! If for some reason this board shuts down with no notice, I wish you all the best.

Take Care...
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    There is a lot of great information that is posted on here, and hopefully we are small enough forum that we can moderate ourselves, but I always enjoy reading all the opinions. Its weird with gambling, it seems we remember our bad beats and tough losses but with horse racing I remember the good ones. This forum goes way back, I remember talking ponies with Kenny in bettingchat and he helped me nail my first pick four and it paid around 3G. I remember DC giving out nates mineshaft at FG and had a nice WPS wager, countless good ones from W2W - So lets hope this forum sticks around! I thank everyone for there time they put into this great game and sharing with us!!!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Jeez I hope this forum does not go anywhere! You guys are like 2nd family to me. I've connected with a few of you through Facebook and fantasy football but to be honest every morning I check HRT to see what's going on. I don't play much during the week mostly weekends unless it's Saratoga but I do read all your selections on a daily basis.
    edited May 2014
    Let's hope that's not true. Otherwise fbwinners.com\forums\horseracing might have to become a reality.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Duckgawd wrote: »
    There is a lot of great information that is posted on here, and hopefully we are small enough forum that we can moderate ourselves, but I always enjoy reading all the opinions.
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Jeez I hope this forum does not go anywhere! You guys are like 2nd family to me. I've connected with a few of you through Facebook and fantasy football but to be honest every morning I check HRT to see what's going on. I don't play much during the week mostly weekends unless it's Saratoga but I do read all your selections on a daily basis.

As a daily lurker and occassional poster, I completely agree with Duck and Mike's comments. I'm on here practically every day (sometimes several times if the meeting I'm in is boring) to see what's being posted and to check in and see what you're all thinking, playing and just generally and up to . . .

That being said. I really have no idea what this all means:

Do we need a moderator to keep the forum going? If so, send me the moderator SOP and I'll volunteer to help out

- or -

Does this mean something's happened to Ed (I don't believe I have been around long enough to know who he is) and he may fail to pay the server/hosting fees and we lose the URL?
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Just to play Devil's Advocate:

We (I) don't know why Ed hasn't returned communications with DC and we (I) have no idea if his agreement with Ed was a contract or oral agreement; but I have to say I can sort of understand DC's stance. While, it did sting to read his reply, perhaps it was none of our business on the behind-the-scenes activities and this was the only action he could take to reach out?

I think we all would have understood if he posted ahead of time that he was stepping down as moderator due to the circumstances, but it is what it is now and we need to stick together.

I do think that once the dust settles, the biggest take from all this is that you guys even took notice and shared concern regarding a strong contributors absence and going so for as to asking about him. To me, that is straight up solid and speaks volumes of who is on this forum and the friendships you've forged!

Personally, I've thoroughly enjoyed your postings, marveled at FB's lightning response when I've asked for a PP, and laughed at how Dirty sniffs out the wanna-be new posters (Show-something or other). We'll keep this going one way or another . . .

Cheers All!
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I do check this site daily, just don't post. I have learned quite a bit from the posters here and hope it can stay together.
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm fine, thanks for asking. Just not posting here anymore.

I was a paid moderator here, and I'm no longer being paid, so I'm no longer posting. Nothing personal.
    whats up DC good to hear your doing fine,,,,,,:toast:

Just because he is not paying you don't mean you can't post. Just don't moderate.
    rayphil hit it on the money,,,,

I know is not personal and it suck how things went down with Ed we just thought something was wrong with you..

i've been here since 2k9 is now 2k14 and I love this group of peoples I've learned alot even though i haven't been posting much but i do check the forum all the time, the info here is solid and educational which = priceless.,, regardless who's posting because every1 has their own understanding in this world or Horse Racing:cool2:

see you in the future later..
    KP
    CC.jpg
  • irish32irish32 Junior Member
    edited May 2014
    Wish I could post too! But they never show up in the forum, don't know why?
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited May 2014
    Hey, sorry to everyone, especially DC. I just got wind of all of this. The stoppage of payment to DC was unintentional, and I was unaware that DC was e-mailing me or that there were any issues.

Hope to have everything return to normal shortly.

Edward
    edited May 2014
    Glad that's settled.
    edited May 2014
    Just received an email from Ed, and apparently the whole thing was a just some kind of misunderstanding.

I'm glad to be back, and i'm also glad that you guys were nice enough to ask about me in the first place. Much appreciated.