edited May 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
CALIFORNIA CHROME
BAYEM KID CRUZ
there is no value in this race unless CC is OFF THE BOARD
w2w

Comments

• jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I don't think this counts as "early" any more, since the race is tomorrow, but I like:

California Chrome to win
    Dynamic Impact to place
    Social Inclusion to show

I'm really thinking we might have a triple crown winner this year...
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Hard to go against Chrome here and would love to see a 3X winner but there is a chance for speed with the short run. Making one play hoping for a little coin. $2 Tri and 50 cent super 1,8,9,10 with 3 with 1,8,9,10 with 1,5,8,9,10 with 1,5,8,9,10 and 1,8 with 3,8,9,10 with 3,8,9,10 with 3,8,9,10
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I like California Chrome as well. Thought he proved everything he needed to in the Derby (the only real questions i thought were the surface and the pace/distance). He's got more experience than any horse in the race, we know he can ship and win over a new surface with 100,000+ in the stands, and he's already proven himself capable of handling a fast pace (not that he necessarily needs to be i front). Just too many questions for the other contenders to answer here, particularly Social Inclusion, who is likely the second-best horse in the race.

If i had to pick a longshot to run second, i'd probably go with General a Rod.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    No offense to Calvin, but a jock switch to Joel is an upgrade for ROC. Expect to see ROC make a sustained move down the backside and be right there at the finish? CC & ROC ex should pay around $50?
    edited May 2014
    We finally got our 3yo MORSE in a race, but he drew 14 in a field of 12, and we will sct and look for another spot next week. Bel 7th, 7f turf, clm $40k, which is probably where he belongs until he shows a little more speed?

Just hope he shows enough to go to the Spa, but Contessa will have to move him up in his works for that to happen!
    edited May 2014
    What the hell do I know?????

Belmont 7th---off turf and a boatload of sct
    looks like MORSE will go from about the 7 hole and Rajiv M. named as jockey--10-1 ml
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    MORSE put into the four path midway on the turn, unleashed an abbreviated run from that station, swung six wide into the stretch and quickly backed away.

I didn't see the race, but my guess is the ride was less than stellar.