California Chrome in a New York State of Mind

KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
edited May 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
wow good race even though he pull the trigger a bit early but still CC did what he had to do.
ROC had me thinking of his father and his style of running whoaaaa he kept coming but CC kept the distance on check for what i saw.

In New york we gonna find out if he's a Super Horse @ 1mile1/4 i know he's a super horse
but still it has to be proved to the world and the triple crown will show that.
ccpreak.jpg
:thumbup1:

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I thought he did a heckuva job in putting away Social Inclusion coming off the turn. Another nice effort, and hasn't shown any chinks in his armor thus far. I'm thinking he probably gets it done, assuming good health.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    For a horse that was suppose to be the speed, Social Inclusion never got to the front or try to box in CC.
    Danza was my triple crown horse this year and still believe, that with a clean trip, he'll run away with the Belmont.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm usually a positive person, but I've been through this now what, 12 times since Affirmed, where the Belmont was the killer of TC chances? Two years ago we were all sitting in the Belmont paddock on Friday morning when FB's NOLA contact called and knew I'll Have Another would sct. I told Hammerin Hank and all the talking heads and they looked at me like I was crazy, then one hour later O'neill sct him.

CC probably won't make the race, either sickness or injury. Just the way it always works out. But hell, I'll be there anyway. Ogden Phipps has the look of one of the best ever. Beholder, Princess of Slymer, and Close Hatches going at it, and I can tell you now that Close Hatches will be my big play cause you will never get 7/2 on her ever again. I know for a fact that Red Dog had On Fire Baby ready to roll in the Apple Blossom and she could never get even with Close Hatches. If Billy Mott can keep her in current form, CH will roll box-to-wire.

You can go ahead and single Palace Malice in the Met Mile. He is simply the best Hdc. horse running today, don't matter the track or distance.

Last race by Tonalist was a eye opener, and I think him and Danza are the ones to keep an eye on for the next 3 weeks. But, I'll still be pulling for CC, even though I know the outcome---just call me Mr. Negative!