Few More Things

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Before everyone gets all goo-goo eyed over CC, take a look at the pictures of him unloading up at Belmont. This horse has lost weight and I mean alot of weight. Ribs visible. I wouldn't expect to see him work much leading up to the race?

Ogden Phipps!
Beholder been working at SA and the works aren't impressive. Could be she has peaked and is on the downslide?

Princess of Sylmar been working steady at Belmont. Nothing fast but steady.

Close Hatches also at Belmont and been getting 4f in 48, let go on Monday and she is said to have gone 5f without any encouragement in 1:00 flat.

We could see a changing of the guard in the distaff division?

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I disagree on CC's weight, he looks to me to have the same flesh as the the first two stints. I'm all in with you on Close Hatches.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Like Hatches as well.

The article on FOX sports about Perry Martin trying to name California Chrome Seabisquik is awesome. I couldn't copy it....
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Just posted an article about Cali Chrome where his connections seemed very pleased with his condition. I thought Alan Sherman made some extremely favorable comments earlier this week as well.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    what you can do is paste these two links in two different tabs of your browser and go back and forth.

here he is when getting to pimlico vs getting to belmont. looks pretty good to me

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_404h/2010-2019/Wires/Online/2014-05-12/AP/Images/PreaknessCaliforniaChrome-05b96.jpg

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/05/21/sports/CITY-JP-CHROME/CITY-JP-CHROME-articleLarge.jpg
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    King---

you of all people know how much I lost this year on OFB---Red Dog had her ready to fire in the Apple Blossom and she couldn't get to Close Hatches as CH just ran away from the pack and was not going to be caught. I really think Billy Mott has a new Distaff champion on his hands!

I'll stick to my observtions on CC--ribs showing and thin?

We all need to watch the next few weeks???
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    IMO works are nothing to me. Especially when your talking about Mandella and POS who never really lit up the mornings. I really don't think CH is as good as the top 2. I want to see the ML of the Phipps. CC did look like he lost a few pounds but I only expect to see maybe 1 work.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    CC will have one 4F work next Saturday before the Belmont. I calling for a daylight victory in the Belmont. It will be his easiest race of the 3. He might jog away from this field at the Top of Big Sandy. He beats each field with his internal fractions. He gets that separation with ease and it's tough to make that up down the lane with plodders!!
    edited May 2014
    King---

you of all people know how much I lost this year on OFB---Red Dog had her ready to fire in the Apple Blossom and she couldn't get to Close Hatches as CH just ran away from the pack and was not going to be caught. I really think Billy Mott has a new Distaff champion on his hands!

I'll stick to my observtions on CC--ribs showing and thin?

We all need to watch the next few weeks???

You and me both! If OFB wins that then we leave the track a very very happy dudes!

I do know one thing. he will be absolutely crushed on the tote with sentimental $2 win wagers. almost have to play against and hope he gets caught in the stretch but he is such a high cruiser! we will have to see if he puts a little weight back on.

Tonight or tomorrow, i will have a cool story and pictures to post. anybody know how to add pics on here?
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm usually wrong but I see it a little differently. After 2 great starts, CC succumbs to a bad break from the gate and before too long finds himself last in the field. Thoughts of “the Triple Crown has just been lost” float through everyone’s head as disbelief overcomes the crowd. Expletives sprout throughout the grandstand as tickets are torn and tossed to the ground. Mouths open, throats parch and hearts sink as a loud collective gasp is followed by hushed silence.

A valiant effort from CC can be seen along the backstretch but the front runners press the pace while welled-up eyes just stare. As the race continues, unbeknownst to the casual observer, CC’s splits are getting faster and faster. Reaching the far turn Chrome catches the trailing horse to everyone’s surprise. Undaunted, CC presses. And presses. And presses some more, yielding to the effects of inertia as his speed carries him around the final turn, around more runners, and into the middle of the track.

Life suddenly returns to the 100,000 at Belmont and million more watching on TV. Shrilled screams drown the air as eyes glance back-and-forth to gauge the distance between the battle up front and the improbable. The gap shrinks. Tom Durkin’s voice cracks. Everyone leans forward . . . pressing, encouraging, lost in the moment. CC strikes one final warrior driven gear and in the last 100 yards hits the wire for an impossible photo finish!

Following 15 agonizing minutes of review, and while Durkin is placed in an ambulance following a symptoms of a mild heart attack, the stewards post the winner by a nose – California Chrome!

And before the HRT boys can cash their tickets at Belmont, Dirty has secured the movie rights. :yes:
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks man, great picture and I hope it comes to to pass! Except that part about Tom having the mild heart attack.

The sct of Danza is huge. He would have been a serious contender. Although lightly raced, Tonalist scares the hell out of me. I'll be using him in all my multi-race wagers!
    edited May 2014
    Sorry, got caught up in my story writing. No offense to anyone, especially Tom. We'll just say the symptoms were negative and he was released. ;)

Tonalist / Wicked Strong / Chrome photo!

Hold onto your hats.
    edited May 2014
    Those are the three i will have circled if the race went off today.
    edited May 2014
    shh10 wrote: »
    I'm usually wrong but I see it a little differently. After 2 great starts, CC succumbs to a bad break from the gate and before too long finds himself last in the field. Thoughts of “the Triple Crown has just been lost” float through everyone’s head as disbelief overcomes the crowd. Expletives sprout throughout the grandstand as tickets are torn and tossed to the ground. Mouths open, throats parch and hearts sink as a loud collective gasp is followed by hushed silence.

A valiant effort from CC can be seen along the backstretch but the front runners press the pace while welled-up eyes just stare. As the race continues, unbeknownst to the casual observer, CC’s splits are getting faster and faster. Reaching the far turn Chrome catches the trailing horse to everyone’s surprise. Undaunted, CC presses. And presses. And presses some more, yielding to the effects of inertia as his speed carries him around the final turn, around more runners, and into the middle of the track.

Life suddenly returns to the 100,000 at Belmont and million more watching on TV. Shrilled screams drown the air as eyes glance back-and-forth to gauge the distance between the battle up front and the improbable. The gap shrinks. Tom Durkin’s voice cracks. Everyone leans forward . . . pressing, encouraging, lost in the moment. CC strikes one final warrior driven gear and in the last 100 yards hits the wire for an impossible photo finish!

Following 15 agonizing minutes of review, and while Durkin is placed in an ambulance following a symptoms of a mild heart attack, the stewards post the winner by a nose – California Chrome!

And before the HRT boys can cash their tickets at Belmont, Dirty has secured the movie rights. :yes:

Nice take. I think Rajiv Marargh or however you spell it, is gonna come over on Chrome and cost him the race. Then Gary Stevens, Victor, the Delgado brothers, and Bob Baffert will beat the shit out of him and nobody will care.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Draynay is on Tonalist
    edited May 2014
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Draynay is on Tonalist

#toss
    edited May 2014
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Draynay is on Tonalist

Well . . . Crap! Forgot to factor him in . . .
    edited May 2014
    There once was a fella named Dray
    Who always had something to say
    To talk he would, to listen he should
    But could never hear over his own neigh

Disclaimer: drafted while enjoying a pint (not the first) of Guinness. :toast:
    edited May 2014
    You and me both! If OFB wins that then we leave the track a very very happy dudes!

I do know one thing. he will be absolutely crushed on the tote with sentimental $2 win wagers. almost have to play against and hope he gets caught in the stretch but he is such a high cruiser! we will have to see if he puts a little weight back on.

Tonight or tomorrow, i will have a cool story and pictures to post. anybody know how to add pics on here?

What's the story? And are the photos already hosted online?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Here's a quote that I'm sure John will like:

"Palace Malice breezed super," said Pletcher. "He seems to be in great form and we're excited about the race. Princess went in company with Percussion and she also went very well [five furlongs in 1:01.31]."
    edited June 2014
    Hatches!

Sharp group here.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    About as perfect a race as it gets!