Sunday Spot--Churchill 2yo

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
CD Race 6
2yo fillies going 4 1/2

I got a tip on this one from folks close to the connections.

#5 CHOCOLATE CHERRIES, 8-1

Firster is said to be a field leader at a young age. Word is she has quite an attitude--and that is a good thing in a race horse! Trainer Wiggins brought her to CD and she had a very good work under no urging whatsoever! She better be good, because Casse has one in here, #8 Bedford Land, 5/2, who is owner by Melnyk, and she would be up at Woodbine if not for her works over CD dirt! 3f's in 35 and 4f's in 48. But, the 4 1/2 race at CD starts just before the turn and she could get caught wide coming out of the 8 hole? Here I go thinking too much again!

#5 wps
ex bx 5---8

BTW, W2W's Belmont picks today are rock solid, GL on those--I'll be on them !

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Forgot to mention---Santa Anita 7th---Expensive 2yo's and some very good ones running for $125k
    #3 Story to Tell, 3-1, is one that some big hitters made a offer on following his debut, but owners turned it down, word is the offer was around $400k? But #4 Holiday Camp, 2-1, was a $700k purchase and his first race was speed on top of more speed!!!! Baffert has a good one here and he should go at near even money or so???
  • JohnnyPutzJohnnyPutz Member
    edited June 2014
    I stabled Story to Tell after his debut, most impressive maiden win i've seen at SA so far IMO, i have not seen all of the 2yo races though obviously. Only thing that scares me is Hendricks 0/15 record in stakes, price will likely be below the 3/1 line, that stat makes me quite hesitant. I'll likely be price shopping in that one, but Story to Tell sure looked like a real runner breaking his maiden.
  • JohnnyPutzJohnnyPutz Member
    edited June 2014
    Tried to edit above post but missed the 1 minute window? Anyway, make sure you watch the replay of Story to Tell's win, the final time doesn't do it justice.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2014
    CD Race 6
    2yo fillies going 4 1/2

I got a tip on this one from folks close to the connections.

#5 CHOCOLATE CHERRIES, 8-1

Firster is said to be a field leader at a young age. Word is she has quite an attitude--and that is a good thing in a race horse! Trainer Wiggins brought her to CD and she had a very good work under no urging whatsoever! She better be good, because Casse has one in here, #8 Bedford Land, 5/2, who is owner by Melnyk, and she would be up at Woodbine if not for her works over CD dirt! 3f's in 35 and 4f's in 48. But, the 4 1/2 race at CD starts just before the turn and she could get caught wide coming out of the 8 hole? Here I go thinking too much again!

#5 wps
    ex bx 5---8

BTW, W2W's Belmont picks today are rock solid, GL on those--I'll be on them !

Chocolate Cherries ran second @ 13/1. Great info, thanks!