Interesting 2yo @ Belmont

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Kelly Breen filly named Sunday Sonnet, going in Race 3 on Friday (5/1 ml).

The Breen 2yo's are difficult to get information on because he doesn't tend to work them in company very often (and it's harder to identify even when they do, thanks to Monmouth using .20 increments in their workout listings).

Here's what caught my eye though: Her 4-furlong workout on June 15 was the second-fastest out of 161 workers at the distance that day, but despite that, Sunday Sonnet's drill was given a "handily" designation, which only a small handful of those 161 horses was given. Probably a very good sign. In fact, that's the same thing that happened to catch my eye back when i was taking a second look @ Social Inclusion's worktab after his big maiden win early this year.

I'm not suggesting that Sunday Sonnet is anything like Social Inclusion, but i do think that it's noteworthy when you see one of the fastest workers getting the "under a hold" designation (handily on the East Coast, or breezing on the West Coast). Especially so when it's a 2yo first time starter. It might indeed mean something.

Comments

• UnicornUnicorn Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the tip... Win bet only or should I back it up with a place bet? The horse is 5-1 ml.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Why not place it? I had one yesterday at 4-1 and he finished 2nd and paid 7 change in the middle
  • mikehawk80mikehawk80 Member
    edited June 2014
    This horse was part of a coupled entry at monmouth today in the 6th race. Any info on the entry mate? Jackie O'mine.
    Might take a chance on her.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Well, Sunday Sonnet has been working faster (on the same days) as Jackie O'Mine.

Plus, Sunday Sonnet is the one who got shipped to Belmont, whereas Jackie O'Mine stayed @ Monmouth. Pretty easy to deduct that Jackie O'Mine is the lesser-regarded of the two.
    edited June 2014
    Thanks. Well I guess if Jackie looks good then I might bet a little more on sonnet
    edited June 2014
    Glad I stayed away. Never got into the race.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Sunday Sonnet ran second @ 5/2