Del Mar opening day

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 4
3yo going one mile on poly clm $25k

Not the best race of the day, but one to catch a price on?

#10 MONEY FAN, 8-1
out of Hard Spun and a Elusive Quality mare, this one has been a major disappointment. Was brought to Oaklawn Park hoping to get into the 3yo classic races, but is still looking for a good race. Dropping into a tag and has never had it so easy. He is one of a few that McPeek has shipped to Del Mar to go along with poly superstar Frac Daddy. Best race so far has been at Keeneland, so he may take to the DM surface? Not sold on his chances to graduate, so I'm using in a 3 horse ex bx with # 3 Cotton Valley, who fits vs these, and #9 Golden Chalice, who is a Harris Farms Lucky Pulpit, so he may have a little of Cali Chrome in him?

EX BX 3---9---10

Race 5----ex bx 7---10---11

Race 8 Oceanside Stakes
EX BX 1---9---10

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• REAL DEALREAL DEAL Banned
    edited July 2014
    I wish u well....its nice to see full fields again......I wish i could of said that about santa anita
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Sad... I didn't even grab a form. Too busy.

Bet a few pesos on Magic Beam WP. He'll run big like usual @ Del Mar.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Race 9

I'm going with the Holl/Beja #9 Diamond of Blue over the 4/7/8 tri key

GL
  • REAL DEALREAL DEAL Banned
    edited July 2014
    john that race came in 2-8...why you didn't like the 2-8?
    edited July 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Motherfucker. He runs so big down there.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Just got done going over the 2yo races @ Saratoga. This may be the first time ever i have no plays on Opening day. Couldn't find any useful information at all, aside from a few tidbits that i can hopefully use in the near future.

Highly disappointing, but i'm not going to force it. There's always tomorrow.
    edited July 2014
    DC---I know what you mean---this is not a very good opening day card, at least not one I am excited about. But, I'm not going to go without a play in the 3rd--where only 5 line-up to take a shot at the TAP 2nd timer. You know what they say "Short field---big price"

#5 Take Charge Brandi, 6-1, brought $435K at the KeeSep sale. Her debut at CD was bluecollar type and pulled away without being asked. Typical Lukas works leading up to Spa race, slow and under restraint, so I'm hoping she has plenty of energy and will wire these from the get-go! The Horton clan thinks alot of her, and word is she is a big chestnut with a body still filling out, but plenty of talent.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    from owner of TCB... We could have a 2 yr. old filly that's better than WTC. Take Charge Brandi!!!!!
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    that being said, TAP has made this race his byotch.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Race8.. im playing kiss me lola...keying the 4 over 1,8,9,10

race9..J to the croft 8-1 ml..w/p
    edited July 2014
    DC: iron fist. 2yo tapit colt 1.5 million price tag for dorf/ smith combo..know anything???DMR RACE1 SATURDAY..
    edited July 2014
    Don't have tomorrow's Form yet, but I'll take a look tonight.
    edited July 2014
    Let's see a medium price in the 5th. I'm alive to the top 5 betting choices in the pick 5, and I hedged out the others.
    edited July 2014
    Hey John, i see you've got one going today named Money Changer.

Good luck! :clover:
    edited July 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    DC: iron fist. 2yo tapit colt 1.5 million price tag for dorf/ smith combo..know anything???DMR RACE1 SATURDAY..

Found this quote from the consigner right after the auction:

He's got a catlike walk, he's just light on his feet, athletic," said Richard Hogan representing Regis. "I thought he was a great colt with the best physical (makeup) I've seen, probably, for the sale.

Btw, he's a also a half-brother to Sweet Lulu, winner of the Grade 1 Test Stakes @ Saratoga last year.

Edit:

Just looked at the workout reports, and he's been training pretty well, or so it seems. Doesn't appear to have much early speed though. Considering the race is only 5 furlongs, it wouldn't be a shock if they're just giving him one today. INside post probably won't help either (unless he does in fact have speed).
    edited August 2014

Once again. All this guy does is run at Del Mar. Hope he gets in one more run so we can get more money.
    edited August 2014

Really sad news today, one of my favorite horses was put down. The regular workmate of forum favorite Sawyer's Hill, Magic Beam, was euthanized this AM at Del Mar. I don't care about much in this world, but this hard trying claimer touched me.
    edited August 2014
    It's always tough but it's ultra tough when you fall for one..
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited January 2017
    sawyers hill in the 8th today 10-1
    edited January 2017
    WOW!
    Pulled one up from 2 1/2 years ago! GOOD JOB!
    Sawyer's Hill is sct.

My Santa Anita plays today are small but not without a chance?
    Pick 5
    3--5--7
    3---5
    1--2--7--10
    3--7--13

Late pick 4
    4--10
    1---4
    2--3--9

At Aqueduct in the feature Jerome I am playing a tri part-wheel
    3/7---3/7---2/4/6

Good Luck!
    I also like Auburn tonight in the Sugar bowl catching 4 points. Oklahoma is pissed that Washington got the spot in the finals and I suspect that they will come out flat, and that Auburn coach Gus Malzan is somewhat of a offensive guru when he has time to prepare?