Saratoga play for Sunday (7/27)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 3

#3 Paulassilverlining (10/1 ml)

Ghostzapper filly for Michelle Nevin worked in company on 5 different occasions with barnmate By The Moon, who won @ 6/1 odds here on Opening Day. Also encouraging is that By The Moon's final time was 4 lengths faster than that of the other 2yo race on the Opening Day card (though that one was a state-bred affair). By The Moon won her own race by just under a length, however, the second-place horse finished almost 10 lengths ahead of the rest of the field, so By The Moon indeed performed very well that day.

Something of note here; something i don't see too often. Although Paulassilverlining and By The Moon did work together on 5 different occasions, none of those drills were heads-up. Rather, they took turns outworking each other (3 for By The Moon, 2 for Paulassilverlining). It seems clear enough however that these horses are likely of similar ability. And @ 10/1 on the morning line, i'm not going to quibble. Btw, the same jockey who rode By The Moon (Jose Ortiz) is on board here.

HRT record:

96 for 359 (27%)

$822.40 mutuels ($8.57 avg)

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    This one needs to be booked marked (Curalina), she will win next out. Was green down the lane and came with a nice late run over a sealed surface that was bias all day long. She is one to watch as a future stakes winner IMO!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2014
    I hate it when they win one race too late...

Race 7

Program # Horse Jockey Win Place Show

3 Paulassilverlining Jose L. Ortiz $8.70 $5.10 $3.30
    6 Skipalute Julien R. Leparoux $10.20 $5.50
    1 Gap Year Joel Rosario $3.00
  • mikehawk80mikehawk80 Member
    edited February 2016
    Won for fun at aqueduct today.