Churchill Downs Saturday Stakes

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 4 Ack Ack Stakes G3 #100k 3yo up one mile

Short field and no value at all. #4 Carve , 5/2, has been a new horse since he was moved into the capable hands of new sensation trainer Brad Cox. BTW, several Oaklawn owners will have some of their stock with Brad this winter, and I'm looking at a couple of small partnerships with his outfits. However, in this race I'm going with #2 Right To Vote for the win. 7/2 ml and Arkie trainer Ron Moquett is still looking for his first graded stakes winner, and I'm betting he gets it today. RTV should get good position and the one mile distance is right up his alley. Comes in fresh and ready to fire. Ricardo Santana and his machine in the irons.

Race 8 Locust Grove Stakes $100k f & m 3 up 1 1/16

#3 On Fire Baby, 2-1, will take all the money, but Red Dog has said if she doesn't fire today she will be retired? I think she will get plenty of pressure from #7 Molly Morgan, 5/2, and when these two hook it up early it will set things up perfect for #6 Don't Tell Sophia, 5/2. This old mare is a grinder and knows how to win. She has been off for a while but her works leading up to this race are a good indicator of readiness.

Race 9 Iroquois Stakes G3 $100k 2yo 1 1/16
Going with a price in this one, if you can call 4-1 a price? #8 Bold Conquest is the talk of the backside at CD. Young son of Curlin is said to have muscle on top of muscle. Joel Rosario takes the mount for the Assman(Rosie not available as she goes to Bossier City to ride 5 for Ken Ramsey).

Race 10 Pocahontas Stakes G2 $200k 2yo fillies
Interesting race as all these fillies are chasing early Ky Oaks points and BC win and in status. All will be chasing #8 Take Charge Brandi, 7/2, and she may very well wire this bunch? But I'm hearing very good things about #4 Christina's Journey, 5-1 and McPeek's turf-to-dirt #5 Pangburn, 9/2. I'm playing a large ex bx with 4--5--8, and if this doesn't hit I would be shocked--SHOCKED!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    "i Got Da Machiano Boss"
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    like hashtag bourbon in the 9th john..question for you..The super derby use to be at sam houston right???
    edited September 2014
    Race 4 Ack Ack Stakes G3 #100k 3yo up one mile

Short field and no value at all. #4 Carve , 5/2, has been a new horse since he was moved into the capable hands of new sensation trainer Brad Cox. BTW, several Oaklawn owners will have some of their stock with Brad this winter, and I'm looking at a couple of small partnerships with his outfits. However, in this race I'm going with #2 Right To Vote for the win. 7/2 ml and Arkie trainer Ron Moquett is still looking for his first graded stakes winner, and I'm betting he gets it today. RTV should get good position and the one mile distance is right up his alley. Comes in fresh and ready to fire. Ricardo Santana and his machine in the irons.

Race 8 Locust Grove Stakes $100k f & m 3 up 1 1/16

#3 On Fire Baby, 2-1, will take all the money, but Red Dog has said if she doesn't fire today she will be retired? I think she will get plenty of pressure from #7 Molly Morgan, 5/2, and when these two hook it up early it will set things up perfect for #6 Don't Tell Sophia, 5/2. This old mare is a grinder and knows how to win. She has been off for a while but her works leading up to this race are a good indicator of readiness.

Race 9 Iroquois Stakes G3 $100k 2yo 1 1/16
    Going with a price in this one, if you can call 4-1 a price? #8 Bold Conquest is the talk of the backside at CD. Young son of Curlin is said to have muscle on top of muscle. Joel Rosario takes the mount for the Assman(Rosie not available as she goes to Bossier City to ride 5 for Ken Ramsey).

Race 10 Pocahontas Stakes G2 $200k 2yo fillies
    Interesting race as all these fillies are chasing early Ky Oaks points and BC win and in status. All will be chasing #8 Take Charge Brandi, 7/2, and she may very well wire this bunch? But I'm hearing very good things about #4 Christina's Journey, 5-1 and McPeek's turf-to-dirt #5 Pangburn, 9/2. I'm playing a large ex bx with 4--5--8, and if this doesn't hit I would be shocked--SHOCKED!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

24.80 for a 1$ in the 10th. nice call
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    like hashtag bourbon in the 9th john..question for you..The super derby use to be at sam houston right???

No always the at La. Downs!
    edited September 2014
    thanks fb..im stupid..i was thinking maxxam gold cup for some reason..