Keeneland Alcibiades

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
I ended up playing #9 Top Decile @ 5/1. Wasn't planning on it when i woke up today, but i didn't think she'd go off that high, and i couldn't resist taking a shot with her.

She ran a beautiful race, i thought, very different from her maiden win because she was taken in hand early and went straight to the back of this large field (as opposed to her front-running trip @ Saratoga), then starteded moving smoothly and purposefully up the backstretch before swinging out and splitting a large group of horses at the top of the stretch to briefly stick her head in front past midstretch. Really sucked to see her give the lead back to a 23/1 shot that was rallying on her outside. Couldn't tell if maybe she let up once she made the lead (or didn't see the other horse coming), but considering what she went through just to make the lead (while running over a vastly different surface and stretching out to two turns), i think she looked like a major, major contender for the BC Juvenile Fillies next month. Would have to think they'll keep her much closer early next time, with the race coming @ Santa Anita, but she demonstrated @ Saratoga that she's clearly capable of that. Looks like a tough, versatile filly here.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Bump.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Bump.

I know for a fact Al Jr. is very stoked for this race. All she is going to need for a big effort is a clean trip. The price will be right as well.

gl, FB
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2014
    I still like her, but I'm having a big problem with her being drawn in the 11-hole. My guess is she'll wind up with a similar trip to last time.