Turk Play--Wed CD

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited November 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Bet you thought this was a typo and supposed to be turf play. NOPE!
Halis Karatas, the self proclaimed Johnny V of Istanbul, Turkey, is over here on a short-term visa and riding for fellow turk trainer, Murat Sancal. He has had four mounts so far and yet to hit the board but he has been on some less than stellar quality. Not so tomorrow?

Race 4 CD
Starter Allowance going one mile on the turf

#1 THE CONCEPTION, 5/2

Word is that Halis will get his first win on this one. Well spotted against this group and with a Ramsey horse in here the odds may get up around 7/2? Red hot Paco Lopez has been riding this 3yo filly and she has just missed in her last two going longer. I think I would rather have Paco riding, but it should be fun to watch the Turk , who will try to speed-pop and should lead these for a long way?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Bet you thought this was a typo and supposed to be turf play. NOPE!
    Halis Karatas, the self proclaimed Johnny V of Istanbul, Turkey, is over here on a short-term visa and riding for fellow turk trainer, Murat Sancal. He has had four mounts so far and yet to hit the board but he has been on some less than stellar quality. Not so tomorrow?

Race 4 CD
    Starter Allowance going one mile on the turf

#1 THE CONCEPTION, 5/2

Word is that Halis will get his first win on this one. Well spotted against this group and with a Ramsey horse in here the odds may get up around 7/2? Red hot Paco Lopez has been riding this 3yo filly and she has just missed in her last two going longer. I think I would rather have Paco riding, but it should be fun to watch the Turk , who will try to speed-pop and should lead these for a long way?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Needs to start "self-proclaiming" himself as the Talamo of Turkey.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    No shit! Kind of a lazy finish and it cost me in a big way. Curse of Talamo!

Yet, a few hours later I hit the p6 at Aqueduct(me and every other swinging dick who played it) for around 2 dimes. Live to play another day!