Need some Info

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited March 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Theres a guy name Charlie that is on my wifes FB and he only has horses with Vod Ferris up in northern cali. One of his babies just broke down like a couple weeks ago and now he has a horse named Cal McLish working @SA but he will not tell me who is training him. Can anyone dig this up for me. I tried but could find nothing. thanks P.S he is a 2yo grazen colt- out of a maria's mon mare-stash

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I can't tell right now.

However, it does appear that he worked a heads-up bullet from the gate on Dec. 1 with an unraced 2yo filly named Won't Be Shaken. No trainer currently listed for that one either.

My best guess (and this is just pure speculation) would be Bruce Headley.. Because prior to Won't Be Shaken's apparent drill with Cal McLish, it appears that she may have worked from the gate with a fellow unraced 2yo named Big Wave Bettty, who as far as i can tell is a homebred for the Headleys. Time was just a touch different, not sure if they worked together or not, but considering the proximity of the times (with both coming from the gate), and the fact that both are unraced 2yo's, there seems to be a decent chance that those two are connected. Which in turn, might connect to Cal McLish.
    edited December 2014
    On second thought, Headley usually works his horses pretty fast, and aside from the recent bullet with Won't Be Shaken, Cal McLish's drills haven't been all that fast (neither have Won't Be Shaken's). Quite the opposite in fact.

So probably not Headley.
    edited December 2014
    Think i might have figured it out.......Steven Miyadi

One of Cal McLish's recent drills matches up with a unraced 2yo named She Got Away (who is entered @ Los Al this Friday). That one is owned-and-bred by Tommy Town Thoroughbreds.

Won't Be Shaken was also bred by Tommy Town Throughbreds (no owner listed yet). So that'd be my guess, Steven Miyadi.

Another (less likely) possibility is Carla Gaines, who also had a 2yo's workout time match up with Cal McLish recently.
    edited December 2014
    3662-inspectorandpops.jpg
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    3662-inspectorandpops.jpg

No idea what this is. But miyadi sounds likely with the nor cal connex.
    edited December 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    No idea what this is.

Inspector Detector.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks DC. on dec. 1st he worked in company to help a allowance horse and the horse apparently never passed him.
    edited December 2014
    But for real, no guys.
    edited December 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    Thanks DC. on dec. 1st he worked in company to help a allowance horse and the horse apparently never passed him.

Strange, i'm not seeing that. Only 4 horses worked from the gate on that day's worktab, at any distance (Cal McLish and three others). Those other 3 horses are all maidens.
    edited December 2014
    strange, he is a good looking horse..have to wait and see
    edited December 2014
    Strange, i'm not seeing that. Only 4 horses worked from the gate on that day's worktab, at any distance (Cal McLish and three others). Those other 3 horses are all maidens.

It's a little suspect, but quite a few trainer refer to nice maidens as allowance types or maiden allowance horse, so maybe it just got a little bit twisted in the game of telephone.
    edited December 2014
    It's a little suspect, but quite a few trainer refer to nice maidens as allowance types or maiden allowance horse, so maybe it just got a little bit twisted in the game of telephone.

And going one step further, if we identify the workmate, we can see where he/she debuts (or races next). If the trainer tries to sneak a "maiden allowance type" through for 30K, we might pay attention. I'm not sure Miyadi is great first out in SOCAL, he's great on the stretch out.
    edited December 2014
    this owner is strictly in NOCAL with a low percentage trainer and this horse kind of came out of no where in SOCAL. he is grey/roan color and pretty good size...heres his last work info...might be coming up to a race..

Santa Anita 12/1/2014 Dirt 4F 47.20 Handily from the gate 1/34
    edited December 2014
    Think i might have figured it out.......Steven Miyadi

One of Cal McLish's recent drills matches up with a unraced 2yo named She Got Away (who is entered @ Los Al this Friday). That one is owned-and-bred by Tommy Town Thoroughbreds.

Won't Be Shaken was also bred by Tommy Town Throughbreds (no owner listed yet). So that'd be my guess, Steven Miyadi.

Another (less likely) possibility is Carla Gaines, who also had a 2yo's workout time match up with Cal McLish recently.

I want to say your correct sir...asked a couple questions yesterday and was told miyadie had him...also was told he runs his baby's too soon and not when they are ready, so we'll see..I know he worked alone yesterday @SA
    edited December 2014
    And going one step further, if we identify the workmate, we can see where he/she debuts (or races next). If the trainer tries to sneak a "maiden allowance type" through for 30K, we might pay attention. I'm not sure Miyadi is great first out in SOCAL, he's great on the stretch out.

Interesting point; i hadn't thought of that.
    edited December 2014
    I want to say your correct sir...asked a couple questions yesterday and was told miyadie had him...also was told he runs his baby's too soon and not when they are ready, so we'll see..I know he worked alone yesterday @SA

Thanks for the update. :toast:
    edited December 2014
    saw he had a grazen 2yo run last thursday with martin g. up

4 Grazen Sky M. Garcia
    122Lbs
    S. Miyadi $5.40 $4.40
    edited December 2014
    i have been very dumb. went to the SA website and looked at the workout tab..

Cal McLish Steven Miyadi :47.20 H G 1/34
    edited December 2014
    I can't tell right now.

However, it does appear that he worked a heads-up bullet from the gate on Dec. 1 with an unraced 2yo filly named Won't Be Shaken. No trainer currently listed for that one either.

Won't Be Shaken (Miyadi) is running in Race 4 @ Los Al today.
    edited December 2014
    Won't Be Shaken (Miyadi) is running in Race 4 @ Los Al today.

WON'T BE SHAKEN Dec 10 SA 6 1:15.1HG M FT C
    Ordinary with Whenudon't Know wrong lead home in 23.4, 101.0. Modest at best.---Grade: C
    WON'T BE SHAKEN Dec 1 SA 4 :47.1HG M FT C
    Some speed with Cal McLish in 23.3, 47.1 but was empty on the gallop out finishing on the wrong lead in 102.0.---Grade: C

From Andy Harrington. Essentially says won't be shaken is a piece of shit.
    edited December 2014
    Horse name Cal McLish
    Notes
    Activity type Entry
    Activity date 12-28-2014
    Track Santa Anita
    Surface Dirt
    Distance 7 Furlongs
    Race number 2
    Purse $56,000
    Race type Maiden Special Weight
    Post position 5
    Jockey Orozco I
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Horse name Cal McLish
    Notes
    Activity type Entry
    Activity date 12-28-2014
    Track Santa Anita
    Surface Dirt
    Distance 7 Furlongs
    Race number 2
    Purse $56,000
    Race type Maiden Special Weight
    Post position 5
    Jockey Orozco I

I have another nugget for you, I was told this one was gelded last Sunday after his last work (6F), very sneaky!! Let's score with this GELDING!!!
    edited December 2014
    I'm still passing. The most interesting fact I can see is that the owner is listed as Miyadi, too. Not any "charlie" but who knows, maybe the real owner isn't allowed to own horses.
    edited December 2014
    I'm still passing. The most interesting fact I can see is that the owner is listed as Miyadi, too. Not any "charlie" but who knows, maybe the real owner isn't allowed to own horses.

Big Grazen breeder, and longtime Miyadi and Mitchell owner named as owner in the form.
    edited December 2014
    i missed the race cause i work every sunday but did he show anything?think he will drop right to 40k or 30k?
    edited December 2014
    i missed the race cause i work every sunday but did he show anything?think he will drop right to 40k or 30k?

8k maidens @ Golden Gate next. He's a natural born cripple.
    edited December 2014
    I can always count on you DS...
    edited December 2014
    I can always count on you DS...

I'm only half-joking. Let's wait a few races and for the signature Miyadi stretch out before we really see where this guy's talent level is.
    edited March 2015
    OK guys tomorrow in the 4th. Don't really think he will go at 5-2...last chance I'm giving him..