12-1 Backside Info OP Saturday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Clockers backside play . Word is this one is primed?

Race 7
Alw N2L or clm $50k
3yo fillies one mile $60k purse

#12 SWEET CORINNA, 12-1

Hate the draw but what you gonna do? Clockers report is that this filly is well balanced and doesn't waste any steps, with legs directly underneath and moves with ease. Casse barn is big on this one. By Corthian and a Tiznow mare, she made debut at Woodbine going long on the poly. Rated very professionally and pulled away in the stretch to win going away under a handride. Next out, not so professional, as she bucked at the start and threw the jock.
Came down to Hot Springs and has been working with the Casse "A" team and looking like a very good one. Yet to be asked for her best and definitely warrants a good look at 12-1. Channing Hill gets the call and he will have to try to find a way to save some ground going into the first turn, then let her go down the backstretch and she should be in striking position coming out of the 2nd turn going for the wire in the short stretch of the OP mile run.

Comments

• JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    John: Do you have any insight on Race #9 today. Assmussen's Tapit Wicked looks the best, but after him it appears wide open at big odds.
    Appreciate any thoughts you may have
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Just looked up Sweet Corinna's works, couldn't really find anything. Does look highly interesting @ 12/1 though. Ran quite well in the debut (especially when debuting around two turns), and the second race is obviously a throwout. Can't imagine she's facing any world-beaters in here either.

Where's the info coming from John, if i may ask?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Jerman wrote: »
    John: Do you have any insight on Race #9 today. Assmussen's Tapit Wicked looks the best, but after him it appears wide open at big odds.
    Appreciate any thoughts you may have

Funny you would ask, as I was thinking about making a comment on this race. Tapit Wicked is the one to beat, but there are two in here who appear on my backside clockers list.

#7 ROMA ROAD, 20-1
    #11 CHARNOCKS, 12-1

Both of these have works over the surface that caught onlookers attention.

DC, the info I get I don't pay for, so its probably what its worth? I know some old timers who are out there every morning at 5:30 at the track kitchen talking to everybody and then they go watch both sets working that morning. These fellows are retired and live in Hot Springs and they are pretty big players. This gives them an opportunity to get out of the house and away from their wives! They put out a list of works and comments and use it for their own info, but these guys have a lot of friends on the front and backside at Oaklawn. I'd rather not put out their names as they wouldn't want anyone to know that the info is for anyone other than them.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2015
    TY sir. I think I'll giver her a whirl.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    John, that's where I learned most of my stuff. I met a couple lot timers at the track and they took me under there wing..
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Clockers backside play . Word is this one is primed?

Race 7
    Alw N2L or clm $50k
    3yo fillies one mile $60k purse

#12 SWEET CORINNA, 12-1

Hate the draw but what you gonna do? Clockers report is that this filly is well balanced and doesn't waste any steps, with legs directly underneath and moves with ease. Casse barn is big on this one. By Corthian and a Tiznow mare, she made debut at Woodbine going long on the poly. Rated very professionally and pulled away in the stretch to win going away under a handride. Next out, not so professional, as she bucked at the start and threw the jock.
    Came down to Hot Springs and has been working with the Casse "A" team and looking like a very good one. Yet to be asked for her best and definitely warrants a good look at 12-1. Channing Hill gets the call and he will have to try to find a way to save some ground going into the first turn, then let her go down the backstretch and she should be in striking position coming out of the 2nd turn going for the wire in the short stretch of the OP mile run.

I canceled my bet @ 5-1. Would not have ever taken 3-1, but this horse ran a huge race. Rushed up, 4 wide, 3 wide, gamely.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Does anybody else like Jojo Warrior at SA today...? I'll take 2-1 if I can manage to get it. Looks really good if you draw a line through the last. Lexie Lou, the favorite, is trying dirt for the first time. Other logical filly Sam's Sister is entered back on MLK day.