Allen Jerkins/Jose Santos

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
I can't remember the name of the horse. Maybe W2W can?

Anyway, Jerkins had a real runner who had a history of ducking out in the stretch. Big stakes race and this runner went into the stretch with a lead and looking like nobody was going to catch him? Suddenly, he ducked out as expected, and Jose Santos got up on his neck and put his whip directly across his mouth/face. It got his attention and he straightened out and won in impressive fashion!

The reason I bring this up is I lost a wad of cash today in the Smarty Jones at Oaklawn Park.
I keyed the big favorite in a tri key and he came into the stretch looking lilke an easy winner when he suddenly bore right like he was going for a corned beef sandwich. Instead of pulling a Jose Santos move, Jon Court worked his neck(which he didn't even feel) and finally got him moving again at the wire, finishing 3rd.

We will definitely see a jockey change on this real runner, If Cornelio Velasques gets healthy he would be my choice, as Corn knows how to use a whip!

Nevertheless,---FUCK JON COURT!!!!!!!!!!

Repeat
FUCK JON COURT!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    P.S.

My wife just reminded me what I would say to her if she wanted to play a horse that Jon Court was riding. Nothing like taking a fuckin hit in the wallet and then having to hear about it from the ole ball n chain! FUCK JON COURT!
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    AGREE 100%, it was a real kick in the n__ts
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm not judging no one who is riding a 1200 pound horse going 40mph. But if you horse has a record of getting out and was doing so around the turn then the last thing I would of done is hit him left handed..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Haven't seen this reported anywhere, but the reason Mr. Z bore out like that was because he was shying from the whip. If you watch the replay, you can clearly see the rider hit him with a left-handed whip right before it happened. Read an article a few days later where Lukas said something to the effect of "he has no idea" what caused it. To me, it was pretty damn obvious.

I remember another Lukas stakes horse (Sharp Cat) doing the exact same thing several years ago, btw. You'd think he would've recognized it.
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Cody autrey @ oaklawn doesn't have as many entries anymore from 4-5 a day to 1 .maybe 2 but they are live as ever!!