Maker trainee @ GP today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Interesting firster going two turns on grass for Mike Maker today (Dreaming of Gold in Race 5). Looks like he worked heads-up with General A Rod back on Jan 4.

General A Rod came out of that race to run 4th in a 7-furlong allowance race (as the 4/5 favorite), but it's still a very good sign that Maker was willing to work an unraced colt in company with an older graded stakes horse. Decent chance he's a good one.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Ok. I bet $25. He's gonna be a short price.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Interesting firster going two turns on grass for Mike Maker today (Dreaming of Gold in Race 5). Looks like he worked heads-up with General A Rod back on Jan 4.

General A Rod came out of that race to run 4th in a 7-furlong allowance race (as the 4/5 favorite), but it's still a very good sign that Maker was willing to work an unraced colt in company with an older graded stakes horse. Decent chance he's a good one.

He actually outworked GAR on the 4th of January, GAR was hard pressed down the lane to keep up.
    edited January 2015
    fbwinners wrote: »
    He actually outworked GAR on the 4th of January, GAR was hard pressed down the lane to keep up.

I missed watching the race.... Good second?
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    The 2 dumped the jock out of the gate in front of Javier, have to watch the replay.
    The 1 loses by a neck and was probably the best by 10 lengths, horse racing....
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Nice info DC, he was the best for sure, thanks
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Nice info DC, he was the best for sure, thanks

Pretty brutal beat, missing by a head. He went off a nice price also, @ 7/2.
    edited January 2015
    Here's the replay. Dreaming of Gold is the #1 horse (easy to spot because he's grey).

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/GP/2015/1/23/5/race-5-msw-at-gp-on-1-23-15
    edited February 2015
    This one is entered back on Saturday.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    I'll be arriving at Gulfstream late Thursday night, look forward to great two days of racing. Impulsive trip!!
    edited February 2015
    Anyone with the PP's, can you tell me how the hell the Chad Brown trainee Tweet Kitten is being listed @ 6/1, while Dreaming of Gold is being listed @ 8/5?

It's gotta be the difference in their Beyer figures, right? So how is DoG's figures 13 points higher than Tweet Kitten's figure? I am pissed off about this. Like DoG wasn't going to be low enough already, now i have to deal with this shit. Hopefully the crowd can ignore it (yeah right).

PS - Cat Humor's figure is only 4 points lower, and that one is being listed @ 8/1. He's from a nice barn, too.

PSS - Let's say that DoG runs huge here. Any chance they switch him to dirt, and go in the Florida Derby? He's certainly bred for the dirt. And remember, he had worked with General A Rod (on dirt) prior to his debut. Why the hell not???
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Anyone with the PP's, can you tell me how the hell the Chad Brown trainee Tweet Kitten is being listed @ 6/1, while Dreaming of Gold is being listed @ 8/5?

It's gotta be the difference in their Beyer figures, right? So how is DoG's figures 13 points higher than Tweet Kitten's figure? I am pissed off about this. Like DoG wasn't going to be low enough already, now i have to deal with this shit. Hopefully the crowd can ignore it (yeah right).

PS - Cat Humor's figure is only 4 points lower, and that one is being listed @ 8/1. He's from a nice barn, too.

PSS - Let's say that DoG runs huge here. Any chance they switch him to dirt, and go in the Florida Derby? He's certainly bred for the dirt. And remember, he had worked with General A Rod (on dirt) prior to his debut. Why the hell not???

I just looked at it DC and IMO you have to look at the track variant..22 on the GP means it wasnt as rock hard as normal and the numbers tend to be a lot smaller..also where the rail is positioned. Listened to the chick from GP today on tvg and she said they could move out the rail in 3 spots for 3 different races..never really heard that before.
    edited February 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    I just looked at it DC and IMO you have to look at the track variant..22 on the GP means it wasnt as rock hard as normal and the numbers tend to be a lot smaller..also where the rail is positioned. Listened to the chick from GP today on tvg and she said they could move out the rail in 3 spots for 3 different races..never really heard that before.

I do look at the track variant. And according to that, the track was running slower when Tweet Kitten (22) ran a length behind a 1:42 1/5 than it was when Dreaming of Gold (15) ran a neck behind a 1:42 3/5.

Btw, we now have Mike Welsch calling Dreaming of Golf "the day's best" in the DRF's picks section, while saying that she "ran a monster of a race" in her debut (which is of course true). He even mentions the part about her being impeded by the fallen rider.

This is not going the way I hoped at all. I knew she'd be a short price here, but I think we might be looking at even-money or odds-on, despite the 14-horse field. Was hoping for 5/2 or even 2/1, and it's hard to see that happening by the looks of things.
    edited February 2015
    if you want to have a line that is a joke then look at the SA card and go to the last race when gimme da lute ran against the sadler horse I believe and should of won...now in a cal-bred maiden and hes 5-2......no higher then 4-5
    edited February 2015
    I do look at the track variant. And according to that, the track was running slower when Tweet Kitten (22) ran a length behind a 1:42 1/5 than it was when Dreaming of Gold (15) ran a neck behind a 1:42 3/5.

Btw, we now have Mike Welsch calling Dreaming of Golf "the day's best" in the DRF's picks section, while saying that she "ran a monster of a race" in her debut (which is of course true). He even mentions the part about her being impeded by the fallen rider.

This is not going the way I hoped at all. I knew she'd be a short price here, but I think we might be looking at even-money or odds-on, despite the 14-horse field. Was hoping for 5/2 or even 2/1, and it's hard to see that happening by the looks of things.

as soon as the drf clowns start coming out then they blast on social media and then the jinx is on.. never would be able to play him at even money to win but would put on top of prat for the ex..good luck with him..
    edited February 2015

Dreaming of Golf is a great horse name
    edited December 2015
    Bump....

Saturday at Santa Anita race 9 ml 12-1..guessing 2nd time dorf...
    edited December 2015
    I think Dreaming Of Gold's form might be obscured a little bit.

In 4-out-of-5 previous turf routes, he's been beaten less than a length. Not bad, considering his 12/1 morning line. Also note that Hollendorfer isn't giving up on him yet, choosing not to enter him for the optional $40,000 claiming tag.

Hard to have any real confidence in this guy (as we all know), because he always seems to invent new ways to lose. That being said, he could easily perk up here over the new course, and with Hollendorfer pulling the strings.

Wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if he wins here, and he seems rather likely for a close finish. Definitely have some interest at the price.
    edited December 2015
    I think Dreaming Of Gold's form might be obscured a little bit.

In 4-out-of-5 previous turf routes, he's been beaten less than a length. Not bad, considering his 12/1 morning line. Also note that Hollendorfer isn't giving up on him yet, choosing not to enter him for the optional $40,000 claiming tag.

Hard to have any real confidence in this guy (as we all know), because he always seems to invent new ways to lose. That being said, he could easily perk up here over the new course, and with Hollendorfer pulling the strings.

Wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if he wins here, and he seems rather likely for a close finish. Definitely have some interest at the price.

Is this fucker in the hunt race? Hunt should be a walkover, but Julia working big and I expect a
    Huge run. Exacta for sure.
    edited December 2015
    Note on Hunt: Check out the horse that just beat him (Somethings Unusual) in Race 4. I just mentioned something about him in John's thread about the Daytona.
    edited December 2015
    Boom!!! Dreaming of Gold runs second (again) behind the lone speed for a $1 exacta that paid $46.10 :toast:
    edited December 2015
    Glad I bumped this thread if you had the exacta DC. Wasn't even sure if this was right horse so I had to look him up on equivalent..lol..the maiden in the 5th only ran 1 second slower then runhappy..danzing candy..
    edited December 2015
    Missed 3-1 ml fav with mg g Santiago in pick 5. Paid 11 stacks dumb.
    edited December 2015
    Glad I bumped this thread if you had the exacta DC. Wasn't even sure if this was right horse so I had to look him up on equivalent..lol..the maiden in the 5th only ran 1 second slower then runhappy..danzing candy..

I'm glad too. Thanks.

Incidentally, Danzing Candy also went about 2 lengths faster than the fillies ran in the La Brea.
    edited January 2016

Alright, back in black. This hard luck mf'r goes on MLK day at the great race place. Let's just give it one more big wager and be done with this one. Fuck it.

Courtesy Andy:
    DREAMING OF GOLD Jan 3 SA 4 :47H M FT B+
    Sharp all the way with Glory the duo going together in 22.4, 47.0. Very sharp; should show much more speed.----Grade: B+
    DREAMING OF GOLD Dec 19 SA 5 1:00.2H M FT B
    Perked up here in a set flashing some speed midway, trying hard late. Stepping forward.---Grade: B
    DREAMING OF GOLD Dec 6 SA 5 1:00H M FT B
    Nice speed to the top in 35.1 galloping home in 100.0. Seems to be rounding forward.---Grade: B

Glory obviously the favorite in the turf stakes race later on the card, so yeah. If we lose again, then I'll go down to the barn and strangle the horse. But let's fire one more.
    edited January 2016
    And bet a small dorf double from the 5th to th 6th.
    edited January 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    If we lose again, then I'll go down to the barn and strangle the horse. But let's fire one more.

LOL. He probably deserves it.

I must say though, i was pretty happy with the results of his last race. Huge exacta; much bigger than it should've been, imo.
    edited February 2016

On the trail after his win Thursday...
    edited February 2016
    On the trail after his win Thursday...

Mikey's comments sound positive. Said he isn't a speed horse, just sent him because
    He's too good for these.
    edited February 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Is this fucker in the hunt race? Hunt should be a walkover, but Julia working big and I expect a
    Huge run. Exacta for sure.

Hunt sure looked good down the hill. Has sub 22 speed, who knew? Mikey fucked up the Del Mar ride on him so bad....
    edited February 2016
    Mike has been blowing some races..don't know if he is over thinking shit or not..