derby horse

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited April 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
dont know if anyone else saw this maiden race at OP but a monster of a horse named conquest curlinate was visually impressive..he is a huge boy who just swallowed up horse in the lane..dont know if casse will run him in southwest because he is sending kantune there..

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    This is who casse thinks is his derby horse
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Race 7 (MSW) at OP on 1/31/15 at Oaklawn Park on Jan 31, 2015 | Race Result | BloodHorse.com

heres the replay..hes the 3 and had a ton of trouble out the gate..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Thanks very much for the heads-up. Hadn't seen this.
    edited February 2015
    This is who casse thinks is his derby horse

Just read this:

Conquest Curlinate showed talent in winning a maiden special weight route for Conquest Stables and Casse on Saturday at Oaklawn and is a long-range prospect for the Queen’s Plate at Woodbine, according to Casse. Before then, Conquest Curlinate could make an appearance in either the Rebel or Arkansas Derby.

I also just checked the 2015 Triple Crown nominations, and he's not on the list. Doesn't look good.

Appreciate the heads-up anyway though (and would appreciate any further news).
    edited February 2015
    Just read this:

Conquest Curlinate showed talent in winning a maiden special weight route for Conquest Stables and Casse on Saturday at Oaklawn and is a long-range prospect for the Queen’s Plate at Woodbine, according to Casse. Before then, Conquest Curlinate could make an appearance in either the Rebel or Arkansas Derby.

I also just checked the 2015 Triple Crown nominations, and he's not on the list. Doesn't look good.

Appreciate the heads-up anyway though (and would appreciate any further news).

FYI:

Deadline for late nominations to the 2015 Triple Crown: March 23, 2015
    Cost of late nomination to the 2015 Triple Crown: $6,000
    edited February 2015
    well the rebel is on the 14th of march...I think thats a 50 point race also...wait and see and nominate at the last minute...his stride looked awesome over the dirt and I wouldnt switch a thing.. the thing that got me was the opening quarter was 23.4 and he was so far back and the 2nd quarter went in 25 flat...
    edited February 2015
    Take Charge Brandi ran on the same card, and her race was a good bit quicker. Just an FYI.

As for the Rebel, that's the reported landing spot for American Pharaoh, and i'm sure you're aware of Baffert's record shipping 3yo Derby prospects into Oaklawn. He almost never loses. Figures to be a tough spot for CC if Casse opts for the Rebel.

Myself, i was thinking maybe the Risen Star? Who knows.
    edited April 2015
    ran a hell of a second by a nose @HAW today. wont get 6-1 again..
    edited April 2015
    I bet him today. Tough beat.