edited February 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Unreal - Foot Abscess

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    They might try to make it to Ark Derby if he heals!!! LONG SHOT - IMO
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    While I feel for the connections, I don't see a way where they will be ready by the Ark Derby.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    hate that for the connections.

from the info i have gathered... American Pharoah might be in a different stratosphere compared to all of the other baffert 3 year olds the last few years. Yes we knew about bodemeister being good, but i think this one might be so good that they are almost holding their breathe right now. just hoping it all goes right and he stays sound. what are y'all thinking? can't wait until the rebel next month. half of southern california might be in town for the rebel. DVD is coming home as well that weekend to ride one for Proctor so i have heard
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    From what I've been able to gather American Pharoah is looking very well right now and Baffert has stated it won't take much to have him ready to go by the Rebel, if that's were he goes. Baffert has also indicated he may keep him home for the San Felipe as well.

Though it appears, from his female family, that he may have issues with the 1 1 /4, Baffert has stated many times that this is his most talented colt he has had. He also hasn't shied away from saying the distance won't be an issue. Trainers speak? Who knows, but I wouldn't want this colt in any other hands right now than BB's.

I agree, they are holding their collective breaths, each day, as most trainers are doing this time of the year.

I want to see him rate a bit as well. We all know BB owns Arkansas through the years. I'm anxiously awaiting as well.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    My only concern is why are they only working him 3F, coming off the injury and hasn't run since 9-27-14 and only has 1 two turn race under his belt. This colt cannot afford any hiccups as he will only have two starts before the KY Derby. He's a runner!!!