Conquest Curlinate

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Interesting development here.

Conquest Curlinate has been entered in an allowance race on Thursday. However, with Oaklawn being cancelled today, and the Southwest being re-carded for next Saturday, what are the chances that CC scratches from the allowance race and tries the Southwest?

I know that Casse already had Kantune in there, and i'm guessing he probably doesn't want to run them against each other.....but how about it?

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    It looks as of now, The Southwest will be run Sunday!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Interesting development here.

Conquest Curlinate has been entered in an allowance race on Thursday. However, with Oaklawn being cancelled today, and the Southwest being re-carded for next Saturday, what are the chances that CC scratches from the allowance race and tries the Southwest?

I know that Casse already had Kantune in there, and i'm guessing he probably doesn't want to run them against each other.....but how about it?

really dont know what the plan is there...thats why they train and I dont..lol
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Allowance then Rebel next month is my guess.
    edited February 2015
    No training today, so The Southwest should go on Sunday now.
    edited February 2015
    You are correct. It will be sunday
    edited February 2015
    I'm hearing tonight that Hillbilly Royalty might end up in the entry box on the re-draw for The Southwest. Very interesting.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Thursday race 9
    #6 CONQUEST CURLINATE is the one to beat, but he will be short price. There are 3 others who appear on my clockers notes. #3 Musashi, 10-1 from the Assman, and #2 Poseidon's Way, 10-1, along with #7 Hidden Danger, 6-1.

TRI KEY 6---2/3/7

Race 3 is interesting. #8 COV, was taken from McPeek by Villafranco, and is expected to try to wire this field with Frederico juice running thru his veins?

TRI KEY 8---2/3/6

Race 8 is a good one, but #1 and #9 are standouts on paper and should run one/two.

TRI 1/9---1/9---2/6/8

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
    edited February 2015
    making his two turn debut. went 4 wide on the second turn before flattening out badly. the track didnt do him any favors today either. please give me 8/5 on him next out. PLEASE

had the winner, Poseidon's Way in my horses to watch section and should have at least thrown a couple on him. :( PW and Perfectly worked very very well in company a few weeks ago. Perfectly has been 4th in his two starts here, and in his last start he faced Conquest curlinate and lost by 5. one to throw in your stable to watch.

Horses to Watch
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2015
    This wasn't CC's two-turn debut, if that's what you mean.

Myself, i don't know what the hell that was. Made a huge move from near the back to take command into the lane, then flattened out badly, as mentioned above.

Distance obviously wasn't the issue (based on his latest effort), and i don't think the big move would've gotten to him to that fast (stamina-wise), so i'm wondering if he might've bled? Would seem to make some sense, if that's what happened.

Bottom line, i'm just glad he went off @ 3/5, because i would've lost some money on him. Saved me a couple of hundred bucks.
    edited May 2015
    Looks like he was supplemented to the Peter Pan this weekend...considering a run in the Belmont?
    edited May 2015
    Looks like he was supplemented to the Peter Pan this weekend...considering a run in the Belmont?

Bump.

I'm not really liking him here; doesn't look like there'll be much pace to set up his late run (i like Two Weeks Off to wire the field). Nice horse though. Really interested to see what they'll do with him if he runs well here. I thought he was supposed to be headed up to Canada for the Queen's Plate?
    edited May 2015
    Bump.

I'm not really liking him here; doesn't look like there'll be much pace to set up his late run (i like Two Weeks Off to wire the field). Nice horse though. Really interested to see what they'll do with him if he runs well here. I thought he was supposed to be headed up to Canada for the Queen's Plate?

Two Weeks off should AIR this group!
    edited May 2015
    wasnt home for the race but read he ran a good 2nd...will watch replay later..
    edited May 2015

Looks like he's in....

New Shooters: War Story, Conquest Curlinate Added To Belmont Mix | Paulick Report – Thoroughbred Horse Racing News
    edited May 2015
    Wow..have to put up 75k. For him to run...what kind of odds am I looking at DC..
    edited May 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    Wow..have to put up 75k. For him to run...what kind of odds am I looking at DC..

The WYNN has him posted at 40-1 for the Belmont.
    edited May 2015
    FB I don't think he can win but he can come in 2nd..saying that I still have to play him to win...
    edited May 2015
    FB I don't think he can win but he can come in 2nd..saying that I still have to play him to win...

He's out, just announced it.
    edited May 2015
    I read it last night that he is going to the Queens plate..
    edited July 2015
    Retired due a freak injury during training. Bad run for Casse of late.
    edited July 2015
    Later in the morning Dr. Bob examined him again and viewed the x-rays that were taken, he then consulted with those who we feel are the top people in the world in their field and to our heartbreaking dismay we learned that this in fact was a very complicated sesamoid injury..

got that via Conquest stables twitter..was caused by another horse.crazy crazy....
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Later in the morning Dr. Bob examined him again and viewed the x-rays that were taken, he then consulted with those who we feel are the top people in the world in their field and to our heartbreaking dismay we learned that this in fact was a very complicated sesamoid injury..

got that via Conquest stables twitter..was caused by another horse.crazy crazy....

This is exactly what happened to BC winner Amazombie, another horse stepped on him in the AM, and he never made it back to the races. Really tough luck for connex.
    edited July 2015
    Wow. Tough break for Conquest Curlinate. He was just starting to reach his potential, too.

Speaking of which, nice job by you guys in identifying him as a runner early-on. I would've probably never noticed him if i hadn't read about him here on HRT.