Paging FB

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Hey FB, do you have any workout reports on the McLaughlin firster named Robillard (entered in Gulfstream's 7th race on Sunday)? I can't find anything useful on her.

The reason i'm asking is because she happens to be a daughter of the Bruce Headley-trained filly Magnificience, who was one of the most impressive debut winners i have ever seen in my life.

Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyfhfFmhidg

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    floated up on the board a little bit with a mtp...gaughey really talked like he liked mata mua in the next though..6-1 ml
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Hey FB, do you have any workout reports on the McLaughlin firster named Robillard (entered in Gulfstream's 7th race on Sunday)? I can't find anything useful on her.

The reason i'm asking is because she happens to be a daughter of the Bruce Headley-trained filly Magnificience, who was one of the most impressive debut winners i have ever seen in my life.

Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyfhfFmhidg

Sorry for no response, was traveling back from Gulfstream. In the early AM!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2015
    I read on one of the DRF Twitter accounts that Robillard flipped over and fell on the way to the paddock.
    edited February 2015
    that should be a automatic scratch..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    that should be a automatic scratch..

The DRF guy actually picked Robillard to win anyway, after that happened.

I have no experience with the flipping-in-the-paddock thing, but i do know that horses almost never win after breaking through the gate before the race starts. I've only seen one horse ever win after doing it.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    I've seen it once at OP in a six furlong race but that's it
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Going back a few years, the under card of the Saratoga Special when Kodiak Kowboy won (06 or 07) but there was a maiden race featuring secret gypsy who broke through the gate, and If I recall correctly ran off a bit- was taking back loaded in, and broke on top never looked back. Also, either set or was close to track record for the time non the less.... was impressive to watch! !!

After witnessing that, I'll never cancel a wager! It does happen but FEW and far between! But when it does happen, it gives support to why the horse shouldn't be scratched or refund on wagers ect.
    edited February 2015
    just read Horton is considering putting take charge brandi in the rebel....the coach is not affraid to run his horses in big spots..crazy if it happens
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    I hope he is just bug talking... She doesn't want any part of AP