Santa Anita Thursday

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited February 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm betting Colonel Joan, who figures to love getting back on the turf. I think she's gonna like finding a small field as well. Probably get 3-1, maybe bet a small exacta with the Sadler, who looked really good last time but will be over bet.

Also, Sunshine Bandit in the last. D'amato would put the recent gelding in for 20 if it was a piece of shit. Staying at 30k is a sign this one is live (to me anyways).

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Make sure you use Spelling Again, the last sprint race was key for this event. I was told they will go to front if allowed and if not they will flank the early speed and make a huge run down the lane.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Make sure you use Spelling Again, the last sprint race was key for this event. I was told they will go to front if allowed and if not they will flank the early speed and make a huge run down the lane.

Yeah, I spent a long time trying to find the speed in here. This was the horse I figured to be on the lead, but the small field might put Joan closer.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Off to a bad start at OP, Kenny Smith 2nd timer didn't lift a hoof in the slop in the 3rd, but the days young.

In the 5th at SA, it looks like #8 Taylor Lane could win this race with 3 legs, keyed her with 2 & 3.
    In the 7th, looks like sct killed this race, but I'm married to a Baffert/Hollendorfer tri key over the Mullins runner, 6/7---6/7---8