Gazebo Stakes Oaklawn Saturday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
A rather ho-hum card today for a Saturday. I guess you can't have Rebel every weekend? There is a very good minor stakes race for 3yo going 6f. Race 9 $100k : This is a really good group of 3yo sprinters!

Every player who goes to the windows or uses their ADW will be playing Assman's Cinco Charlie, 9/5, but he is going to take some heat up front and he has a history of folding late. Diodoro has Subtle Indian, 5/2, and he looks like a good one too. Assman's Bayerd, 9/2, showed some courage in the Smarty Jones when he battled with Far Right and Mr. Z. My morning clockers tell me it is not about what you have done, it's about what you are going to do! They are playing one who has been burning up the track in the AM and looking like a real runner.

HEBBRONVILLE, 5-1

Well thought of as a two year old he battled some of the best in NY like El Kabier and Blofeld. Caught a muddy track at Aqueduct in late fall and had trouble, being eased late. Came out of that race with a little filling in ankle and was given time off. Rushed back for the 3yo series in the Smarty Jones and showed little. However, since then he has been a different horse in the mornings and now appears ready to fire a big effort? Old school trainer Lynn Whiting believes this colt has real talent and so do my clockers pals.

If they get out and go in 22 and 45, ( and I think they will), Hebbronville will be sitting off the lead and will make a move in the final furlong. Will probably be a blanket finish and this one has a good chance of getting his nose down at the wire!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Cinco Charlie and American Sailor are both scratched!!! Both were expected to set the fast pace so this makes this race hard to figure and #7 Hebbronville will get odds of 7/2 or so?