Oaklawn Friday--Bachelor Stakes

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Well, yesterday we were entertained by watching the older boyz go sprinting in the Count Fleet. Today we get to watch the kids(3yo) do the same.

Race 7
Bachelor Stakes
3yo 6f $100k

Tough race to get a feel for as several have the credentials to win. King likes #6 I Spent It, 3-1, and there is a lot to like. He broke on the scene last summer at the Spa and looked like a good one. A bad race at Belmont and bone chip in knee was discovered and 5 or six months on the rehab. His first race back was a real disappointment as he didn't fire a lick and was crushed as the ml fav. Since he has come back to post very strong works and today gets the services of Johnny V. Tough to do, but I'm not using him!

Instead I'm keying the Assman uncoupled entry. #4 Bayerd is simply the most proven of this bunch. 3-1 ml and will probably hold around there as the other Assman runner, #2 Holy Boss, 4-1, gets the go-to jock Ricardo Santana, assuming he takes his mounts today after missing the last two days with allergy problems. #5 Subtle Indian, 5-2, ml fav is the Diodoro runner who looks like he can go with anybody? Jock Ramon Vasquez gets on Bayard and he brought home 5 winners yesterday. Can you say hot Jock!

#4 wp
ex bx 2--4--5
tri bx 2--4--5

Untapable should roll today in the GI Apple Blossom, but 1/5 is too short for play.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments