Oaklawn Park--DERBY DAY

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Absolutely coming out of my skin!!
As U2 said "It's a Beautiful Day"

Expecting around 65,000 today to watch Pharoah.

Race 7
Oaklawn Hdc.

Talked to Mike Langford Thursday night and he says that Brad Cox has told him the CARVE has never been better and they expect to win/place against a salty group. Key #4 CARVE, 5-1, in 1st and 2nd with 1--2--7

Race 8
Instant Racing Stakes, 3yo f going 6f

It's all about Promise me Silver, but the Diodoro, Indian Brava, is a stone cold runner too!
Tri play 3/5---3/5---1/4

Race 10
Northern Spur Stakes
3yo going a mile

#7 Poseidon's Way, 9/2, has been on my watch list since early January. His last out he got the kind of number that points to him getting the message. Please note that Little Donnie has two in here that Luis Q. has been on both and that Luis opts to stay on Poseidon over the other, who will probably be favored with Mike Smith taking the mount.

#7 w/p
Key #7 1st & 2nd with 3---4

Bonus Play KEENELAND

Race 5
Ben Ali Stakes

McPeek is chomping at the bit to get Golden Ticket back to where he used to be. Has had issues. Kenny says he is now better than ever and they expect 1st or 2nd.

Tri play 4/5---4/5---3/6

GO DONWORTH
I'm using him w/p and exotic key with 7---1/4

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TODAY FROM BEAUTIFUL HOT SPRINGS ARKANSAS

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    What about Oh Kay See in the Instant Racing Stakes? Can that one hit the board?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Oh Kay See could be part of the lower end of the exotics, but I don't like the fact that Assman wheels her back on 15 days rest. I just think young fillies need a little more time between races? But don't let me get you off a horse you like, that goes against everything in handicapping etiquette.
    edited April 2015
    She could, but I don't like the fact that the Assman wheels her back on 15 days rest, and he has to use Channing Hill. I , personally, think young fillies need a little more time between races, but don't let me get you off her if you like her, that goes against all handicapping etiquette!
    edited April 2015
    Sorry about the duplicate posts!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    She fits on my #'s as having the best 2f and 4f #, she's in deep. I was trying to work on the Oaklawn card last night and this morning. Tough racing today and I don't know the circuit real well. I will be perched up at the OTB today and wanted to make some .50 cent pk 3's for some watching entertainment for moderate cost.

Take Care...