AQU 4/25 race 6

HorseGradesHorseGrades Junior Member
edited April 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Today's card at Aqueduct is MUCH better than last week's. Even though the feature got butchered a bit with two defections this morning, there is still value to be found up and down the card.

As I alluded to in today's sheet there are a couple of horses that I expect to run better than their odds. There is one in the 6th race that I look forward to keying in the exotics.

Race 6 #4 In the Beat - A number of key contenders in this race have not shown the ability to win without the early lead. That is going to bode well for runners who can. I chose #7 Bet the Power on top because I know he will be in a good position to pounce and I fully expect the dropdown to suit him. However, he has not won a race since Dec 2013, so I will be also be using In the Beat who I think could offer tremendous value with a 30-1 morning line. He seems to run these big races from time to time and a repeat of his Jan 3rd effort today can take home a nice piece of the pie. A speculative play for sure, but at anywhere near 30-1 and I can live with it. Good luck!

Comments

• MakersMakers Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Good luck!
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited April 2015
    Today's card at Aqueduct is MUCH better than last week's. Even though the feature got butchered a bit with two defections this morning, there is still value to be found up and down the card.

As I alluded to in today's sheet there are a couple of horses that I expect to run better than their odds. There is one in the 6th race that I look forward to keying in the exotics.

Race 6 #4 In the Beat - A number of key contenders in this race have not shown the ability to win without the early lead. That is going to bode well for runners who can. I chose #7 Bet the Power on top because I know he will be in a good position to pounce and I fully expect the dropdown to suit him. However, he has not won a race since Dec 2013, so I will be also be using In the Beat who I think could offer tremendous value with a 30-1 morning line. He seems to run these big races from time to time and a repeat of his Jan 3rd effort today can take home a nice piece of the pie. A speculative play for sure, but at anywhere near 30-1 and I can live with it. Good luck!
    Tough luck ... Bet the power came through for you on top but In the beat never had a shot after that horrible start ...
  • HorseGradesHorseGrades Junior Member
    edited April 2015
    Tell me about it. I'm glad that 7 horse came through but I definitely wanted to start off with a big boom on my first post on this board. I'm back at Aqueduct with today's sheet trying to build up the bankroll a bit before the big Oaks/Derby weekend.

Couple Sunday plays I'm targeting:
    #4 Moonluck in the 2nd - playing him WP if I can get 5-1 or better, if under maybe just to Win and a little 4-1 exacta

#2 Mononoke in the 9th race - WP and keying him with the 8 and the 10