Kentucky Derby Morning Line

SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
edited May 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
I just read that Mike Bagtallia says that as of right now he plans on making AP the 3/1 favorite and Dortmund the 7/2 second choice and Carpe Diem the third choice at either 8/1 or 10/1 ...

Seems like a bigger gap than normal between the 2nd and 3rd choice ...

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2015
    What's going to be funny is the difference in price between Dortmund and Firing Line. They couldn't be closer on the track, but they'll be miles apart on the toteboard (and on the morning line).
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    What's going to be funny is the difference in price between Dortmund and Firing Line. They couldn't be closer on the track, but they'll be miles apart on the toteboard (and on the morning line).

I'm keying Firing Line in one trifecta for decent cash. Smaller one with Mujahadeen or whatever.

Probably my two Derby bets. Horizontals notwithstanding (if that's even how you use that word.)
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    In the Oaks I see no reason to go any deeper than Cowboy Larry Jones.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Polamalu, I'm with you on I'm A Chatterbox and Lovely Maria. Those will be my 2 for The Oaks and Derby DD's.
    With AP, Carpe Diem, Dortmond, Mubtahiij, Danzig Moon and Firing Line. Of course, will play W/AP with more money than the others.
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm playing Dortmund and frosted on top in my tri. Do you think bullet Bob has an good idea which of his two runners has a better shot to win? Don't you always take the longer price when a trainer has two entries? I feel like one of Bob's will burn serious cash. Honestly I don't see Victor winning back to back.
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited April 2015
    noble tune wrote: »
    I'm playing Dortmund and frosted on top in my tri. Do you think bullet Bob has an good idea which of his two runners has a better shot to win? Don't you always take the longer price when a trainer has two entries? I feel like one of Bob's will burn serious cash. Honestly I don't see Victor winning back to back.
    Baffert had said great things about both horses, but he said AP was the best 3 year old he has ever had, so I am thinking that he believes AP has the better chance to win, but in my opinion they are both must use in trifecta and superfecta wagers. I'll personally be using AP as a single on top with Dortmund being used underneath ...
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Firing line, dortmund , Ap. its hard to imagine for the same jockey winning back to back on the favorite so if i throw out Ap , which i may not do , the its dortmund...but if both of them het bad trips y cant firing line win? Horses ill be using underneath are bolo, frosted,muubtahij,international star,upstart,
    Materiality, carpe diem...not gonna over think it....will probably pay peanuts this year so i wont bet crazy...
    edited April 2015
    risky101 wrote: »
    Firing line, dortmund , Ap. its hard to imagine for the same jockey winning back to back on the favorite so if i throw out Ap , which i may not do , the its dortmund...but if both of them het bad trips y cant firing line win? Horses ill be using underneath are bolo, frosted,muubtahij,international star,upstart,
    Materiality, carpe diem...not gonna over think it....will probably pay peanuts this year so i wont bet crazy...
    The only horse you listed that I have a issue with using would be Muubtahij. I just don't think there is any way he finishes anywhere in the Superfecta. I probably won't be using Bolo either, but I can see why somebody might want to throw him in there hoping to catch a big price.
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited May 2015

Made small profit today...tei paid cheap like i thought
    edited May 2015
    Made small profit today...tei paid cheap like i thought
    Profit is Profit no matter how small. Sure beats tearing up all your tickets.