looking for some advice

chyllhousechyllhouse Member
edited May 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Hey all hope all is well, just wanted to know what are some of the websites and statistics and all other things you look at when handicapping the horses. Betting on the horses has always been fun for me but i want to take it to the next level and actually look into meaningful things to increase my chances of cashing my tickets. Thanks to all in advance all advice from you guys is highly appreciated

Comments

• risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Ill give u some advice that has really changed my profits...i used to play the entire card evenly..i no longer do that , usually play a pick 3 or 4 around a strong opinion i have. I now play half the card or even less...dont try winning every race , just take a stand on a few...
  • HorseGradesHorseGrades Junior Member
    edited April 2015
    Agreed, money management is key. There are no shortage of offerings out there if you're looking for data. I've used most of the more popular ones and I cant tell you which is best because they all have their pros and cons. What I would like to suggest however, is that whatever route you go down, make sure you become extremely comfortable with how to read and interpret the information offered. Watch some race replays. I try and spend more time visualizing the race in my head than I do trying to mathematically decipher which set of varying figures might be more accurate.
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited April 2015
    chyllhouse wrote: »
    Hey all hope all is well, just wanted to know what are some of the websites and statistics and all other things you look at when handicapping the horses. Betting on the horses has always been fun for me but i want to take it to the next level and actually look into meaningful things to increase my chances of cashing my tickets. Thanks to all in advance all advice from you guys is highly appreciated
    I would be happy to give you some advice ... You say you play the horses now, but your looking to turn it up a notch ... So are you already using the Daily Racing Forum and are you comfortable with analyzing that information or are you just more casual of a player and just get a program and pick one of the horses entered in a race ?

I just don't want to give you a bunch of advice about things you already know or I don't want to skip way ahead of where you are currently at with your handicapping ....
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited April 2015
    SkyMaster7 wrote: »
    I would be happy to give you some advice ... You say you play the horses now, but your looking to turn it up a notch ... So are you already using the Daily Racing Forum and are you comfortable with analyzing that information or are you just more casual of a player and just get a program and pick one of the horses entered in a race ?

I just don't want to give you a bunch of advice about things you already know or I don't want to skip way ahead of where you are currently at with your handicapping ....
    Forum = Form :)
  • chyllhousechyllhouse Member
    edited April 2015
    Im more of a casual player
    edited April 2015
    I live right next to the medowlands so ill just go grab a program and look at the stats in the program
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Bloodhorse is a nice site. They have replays, too!
    edited May 2015
    Thanks