Dortmund vs AP

SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
edited April 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
After really having to dig to find out for sure I have confirmed what my eyes told me that neither Bolo or El Kabier are particularly imposing horses size wise , so if either does get to bumping Dortmund out of the gate they should get the worst of it. Granted neither figures to show the speed out of the gate Dortmund does so it probably won't come into play but still it's good to know.

Really the only horses to Dortmunds inside that figure to really show a lot of early speed are Carpe Diem and Materiality out of necessity but usually those inside horses still get caught up in trouble.

Looks like Dortmund will be playing a game of catch me if you can with AP glued to his flank down the backstretch. AP will I think collar him turning for home and I am sure Dortmund will put up a good fight for a bit but when Victor asks the question I think he will draw off but Dortmund the gamer he is should be able to easily hold for second.

I can't get that Ice Cold AP/Dortmund out of my mind !!!!

Comments

• risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    I think the one whole will actually shoot to the lead ahead of carpe diem and maybe materiality...i wonder when was the last time the 2 favorites ran 1 -2..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I agree with Risky. I think Ocho Ocho Ocho and Materiality go gunning off to the lead together. Carpe Diem might be forced to show more speed than he would like to (just to avoid getting swallowed up early), but i definitely don't think Velazquez wants to send him. My guess is that he'll try to let Materiality cross over in front of him and then try to follow off his flank to the first turn. That'll likely be pretty tricky, btw.

Personally, i think both the Pletcher horses are virtual throwouts for the top spot, nice as they are. I also think Ocho Ocho Ocho is a nice candidate to run last. I'll be looking to oppose him in matchups.
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited April 2015
    risky101 wrote: »
    I think the one whole will actually shoot to the lead ahead of carpe diem and maybe materiality...i wonder when was the last time the 2 favorites ran 1 -2..
    I am going back over past derby results right now looking for a result that is similiar to a AP/Dortmund result, so I can get a idea of what to expect as far as a payoff goes, and I have not found anything yet and I have gone back pretty far, so I can tell you it has not happened for quite awhile.

I would also think the 1 hole would have to gun it out of the gate, but the trainer of Ocho has already said they are going to stick to their original plan of dropping back off the pace despite drawing the rail.
    edited April 2015
    Hey skymaster do u bet using drf? Theres a feature that actually lets u see the realtime payouts but you will need to wait till its relatively close to the race...its called ticketmaker....it shows u exacta , tri and super , and u can even key in on horses and it will even give u combinations they think u will like...uts awesome
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited April 2015
    risky101 wrote: »
    Hey skymaster do u bet using drf? Theres a feature that actually lets u see the realtime payouts but you will need to wait till its relatively close to the race...its called ticketmaker....it shows u exacta , tri and super , and u can even key in on horses and it will even give u combinations they think u will like...uts awesome
    I am a TVG guy , but the feature you describe really does sound cool. I know drf is always running promotions to sign up and try out their site, so maybe I'll have to check it out sometime. Thanks for the tip !!!!
    edited April 2015
    SkyMaster7 wrote: »
    I am a TVG guy , but the feature you describe really does sound cool. I know drf is always running promotions to sign up and try out their site, so maybe I'll have to check it out sometime. Thanks for the tip !!!!
    Whats about common opponents ap and dortmund have faced...i know ap tomoed on mr z...and dortmund barely beat him but that was his first stakes race...they both killed ocho3
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Dortmund runs with heart down the stretch hard to see him missing the board imo