Very Long Day--But A Good Day!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
I walked into to Oaklawn Park at 7:30 this morning and just got bqck to condo. OP had as many as 20,000 people there today to watch on tv's and bet really big. Say what you will, OP is doing it right!!!

Went thru about 6 races and didn't hit shit. My 3 horse exacta plays were just not hitting home. Race 7 I loaded up on Dame Dorothy based on inside info that she was named after Bobby Flay's mother and that she was at CD to have her picture made. Two (2) dimes on the nose and she wins a thriller and pays $7.20. Race 8 I play FB's pick, #3 TEPIN, $50.00 wps, and frogman goes gate-to-wire and hits with a $20.20/$8.20/$5.80 winner. SWEET!!!!! Race 9 was a disaster as I didn't use Private Zone. Got a stewards gift in race 10 when Jack Milton got elevated from 3rd to 2nd, and paid $4.20 to place. By now I'm getting right and there is over one hour to the BIG ONE. By post time I just said "Fuck it" and put two (2) dimes on Pharoah.
$7.80 winner.

Long day---but a good one!

Hope everyone had a prosperous day!!!

On To Pimlico!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Oh, and I chickened out on my 8 horse super box for $1,620.00

glad I did as it only returned a little over $600 and was an IRS ticket to boot!
  • n---cn---c Junior Member
    edited May 2015
    my friends went to the track and he made some bets for few people. 1 person had a 20 tri box with 18-10-8, total cost 120 dollars. My friend, just kept the money on that ticket, but bet rest of the tickets ... what are the chances that 3 California horses, in a 19 horse field hitting the top 3 spots????? He has to pay $2000 out of his pocket now and he does not have the money:huh:
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I walked into to Oaklawn Park at 7:30 this morning and just got bqck to condo. OP had as many as 20,000 people there today to watch on tv's and bet really big. Say what you will, OP is doing it right!!!

Went thru about 6 races and didn't hit shit. My 3 horse exacta plays were just not hitting home. Race 7 I loaded up on Dame Dorothy based on inside info that she was named after Bobby Flay's mother and that she was at CD to have her picture made. Two (2) dimes on the nose and she wins a thriller and pays $7.20. Race 8 I play FB's pick, #3 TEPIN, $50.00 wps, and frogman goes gate-to-wire and hits with a $20.20/$8.20/$5.80 winner. SWEET!!!!! Race 9 was a disaster as I didn't use Private Zone. Got a stewards gift in race 10 when Jack Milton got elevated from 3rd to 2nd, and paid $4.20 to place. By now I'm getting right and there is over one hour to the BIG ONE. By post time I just said "Fuck it" and put two (2) dimes on Pharoah.
    $7.80 winner.

Long day---but a good one!

Hope everyone had a prosperous day!!!

On To Pimlico!

I think that info on Dame Dorothy, might of came from this write up below! (LOL)

Well this is my BEST BET of the entire card today. I absolute love this runner as she is back to what she does best and that’s a one turn race. She has been primed for this race, since her return from the Left Coast. She’s named after a very famous chef’s (Bobby Flay’s) mother and I’m sure they are all in attendance today as well. The main thing that makes this a BIG WAGER is we have the defending BC Filly & Mare Sprint winner in Judy the Beauty!!

DON’T LEAVE THE WINDOW - #3 – DAME DORTHOY – WP
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Yes It Did!!!

Sorry I didn't give you props on that info.

Dame Dorothy's race was as good as any at CD on Saturday. Javier Castellano is very good at getting a horses head down at the wire!