Smallest Preakness field in a long time ?

SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
edited May 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
I know the KD just finished but I am already on to the Preakness.

I am thinking this could be one of the smallest fields in recent memory for the Preakness for the following reasons ...

The top 4 horses in the KD were clearly the best of the bunch and none of the horses that finished 5-18 had any major excuses, so why would any of them come back in 2 weeks for the Preakness. I know Lukas loves to run his horses into the ground but not even he could possibly justify running back Mr Z in 2 weeks after he already had him race in a extra prep race just to get the points for the KD.

Of the top 4 I have already read that Frosted is probably going to be pointed for the Belmont.

Obviously AP is going to the Preakness and I have no idea about Firing Line and Dort.

Also factor in how good AP looks and you think that would discourage a lot of new shooters.

I would expect Texas Red to make a appearance at some point but it seems they probably would wait for the Belmont also since he wants as much distance as possible.

This is all just pure speculation. I have read nothing about potential Preakness field size anywhere but would not be surprised to see around a 7 horse field made up of mostly just fillers with most of the serious players waiting until the Belmont waiting to ambush AP when he would be his most vulnerable with 3 races in 5 weeks or as Steve Colburn said " taking the cowards way out" lol

Does anybody see it another way ?

Comments

• n---cn---c Junior Member
    edited May 2015
    was pointed towards Preakness.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    i dont see a lot of people coming to the freakness..this track is so deep and it just drains you..i think dort will be sitting this one out and maybe the belmont..
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I think , all speculation , firing line is more likely to run rhan dortmund...also believe since this is a shorter race , AP can even take the lead here...
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Just read Dortmund is pointed to Preakness
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited May 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Just read Dortmund is pointed to Preakness
    I just read that Firing Line is also being pointed towards the Preakness.

With AP , Firing Line and Dortmund all being pointed to the Preakness it's hard to imagine any other horse from the Derby coming back in two weeks to face them again, but you never know ....