If your looking for a angle to use in the Preakness ...

SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
edited May 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
AP came into the Kentucky Derby light on his race prep because of the time he missed and the couple races he did have were really nothing more than maintanence works. That tough Derby most likely really tightened him up and he could really move forward in a monster way in the Preakness.

Firing Line and Dortmund both had full prep race schedules and although they both had some easy wins they both also had some dogfights mainly with each other. Not only do they not figure to move up from the Derby they each have every right to be tired horses and regress in the Preakness.

Doesn't take much of a seasoned handicapper to do the math and figure out the chances of Firing Line and/or Dortmund turning the tables on AP in the Preakness does not seem to likely ....

Comments

• SamN13SamN13 Junior Member
    edited May 2015
    I think Firing Line has a major chance to turn the tables especially since like Kenny said he was on the wrong lead in the derby and the whip was out big time on AP. I'd really like to see Competitive Edge run I think he has a big shot to upset them all. Ran a hell of a race Saturday.
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    He lost twice to dortmund then came back in the big race with a new strategy, instead of leading he tracked dortmund and it worked....now , it all dependsnon how they will run, will ap take the lead? Will they all track dortmund? Will stanford take lead? Its all about the trip , theyre are pretty close in talent and a bad trip for ap could cost him...
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited May 2015
    risky101 wrote: »
    He lost twice to dortmund then came back in the big race with a new strategy, instead of leading he tracked dortmund and it worked....now , it all dependsnon how they will run, will ap take the lead? Will they all track dortmund? Will stanford take lead? Its all about the trip , theyre are pretty close in talent and a bad trip for ap could cost him...
    We are probably looking at what a 7 or 8 horse field for the Preakness. With AP's superior early speed and that small of a field I can't really see any scenario where AP gets in so much trouble it costs him the race.

AP was cranked for the derby but not fully cranked since he missed prep races and the few he did gave were more of works than actual races. The derby win tightened all the screws and AP is poised for a career best in the Preakness.

Contrast that with Firing Line and Dortmund who had a full schedule of prep races and some tough ones at that. They are probably both gassed at this point and figure to actually regress of the derby.

Dortmund and Firing Line are like fine Cuban cigars because they are about to get smoked by AP in the Preakness ...

The Standfords, diving rods and that local horse are so far from being in the same league as AP they are not even worth mentioning.

If we are lucky enough to get even money on AP than just count your blessings and double your money .

He wins by DAYLIGHT in the Preakness ...
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    SkyMaster7 wrote: »
    We are probably looking at what a 7 or 8 horse field for the Preakness. With AP's superior early speed and that small of a field I can't really see any scenario where AP gets in so much trouble it costs him the race.

I'm the rookie here so I get a mulligan, but couldn't one scenario be his size and speed carrying him far around those tight Pimlico turns causing him to cover more distance again and opening up the inside for another runner to sneak along the inside rail?
    edited May 2015
    shh10 wrote: »
    I'm the rookie here so I get a mulligan, but couldn't one scenario be his size and speed carrying him far around those tight Pimlico turns causing him to cover more distance again and opening up the inside for another runner to sneak along the inside rail?
    That could be possible I guess if he was breaking from the 17 hole in the Preakness . In a small field I don't see how every other horse outbreaks him causing him to go wide when he is the quickest out of the gate, and the tight turns myth at pimlico is just that a myth. It's been well documented the turns are not any more tight than they are at Churchill downs or Belmont.

I think Juaquin Jaime or Todd Schrupp commented about it once and that's all it took :)
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    What about the rail? I love reading your analogies!

#TIA
    edited May 2015
    fbwinners wrote: »
    What about the rail? I love reading your analogies!

#TIA
    Honestly it does not matter where he draws. He is 10 lengths the best in the Preakness . Inside or outside draw it's a romp either way ....
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    SkyMaster7 wrote: »
    Honestly it does not matter where he draws. He is 10 lengths the best in the Preakness . Inside or outside draw it's a romp either way ....

That's really wasn't the analogy I intended to hear from your end!