Natives are restless here

nonamenoname Junior Member
edited May 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Hey everyone I have been reading this site for years very seldom post because most times the information good or bad makes a point to me. I might like some and not like others but always accept the compassion of any horse player (ie gambler). The new guy to this site" SkyMaster"I dont understand why if he is such a AP lover he gets upset over someones thought on the race.I would just leave it alone your horse won buddy why the resentment its just someone else's theory on the race. So At last remember not many people like the AP management, owners they have stiffed many many people in the horse business so take that into account on the one of many reasons why people dont want this Triple Crown run to continue not hard to look up the many reasons for peoples dislike for AP many really hate the owners.:nono::thumbdown:

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Zayat was on Steve Byk radio show yesterday and the topic of his bankruptcy was discussed at length. Zayat claims that the bank called in a loan that he was not prepared to pay at that time(right in the middle of the recession). He says that the filing of bankruptcy cost him around 3 million in legal fees and other costs, but, moreover, he said his Chapter 11 plan could have allowed him to stiff a lot of his creditors, but he chose to pay-off all creditors 100%, and it allowed him to renegotiate his loan with the bank and put him back in the terms he originally had with the bank.

No reason to doubt him on this one, as the info is readily available.

Still, a lot of people just don't like him. I have heard casual fans at OP say that they wouldn't root for Pharoah because his owner was an Arab. However, Zayat is an Egyptian Jew who has lived in USA for quite a while. My understanding is that he made his money when he sold a beer brewery to Heiniken. What was his brewery? If anyone knows, please inform me!
  • MakersMakers Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Zayat was on Steve Byk radio show yesterday and the topic of his bankruptcy was discussed at length. Zayat claims that the bank called in a loan that he was not prepared to pay at that time(right in the middle of the recession). He says that the filing of bankruptcy cost him around 3 million in legal fees and other costs, but, moreover, he said his Chapter 11 plan could have allowed him to stiff a lot of his creditors, but he chose to pay-off all creditors 100%, and it allowed him to renegotiate his loan with the bank and put him back in the terms he originally had with the bank.

No reason to doubt him on this one, as the info is readily available.

Still, a lot of people just don't like him. I have heard casual fans at OP say that they wouldn't root for Pharoah because his owner was an Arab. However, Zayat is an Egyptian Jew who has lived in USA for quite a while. My understanding is that he made his money when he sold a beer brewery to Heiniken. What was his brewery? If anyone knows, please inform me![/quote]
    Al Ahram Beverages Company
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Al Ahram beer?

Never heard of it but I bet if they marketed it as a funky craft beer it would sell like hot cakes to the great unwashed college crowd of today. Me, I'll stick to something from St. Louis and owned by Belgiums!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Al Ahram beer?

Never heard of it but I bet if they marketed it as a funky craft beer it would sell like hot cakes to the great unwashed college crowd of today. Me, I'll stick to something from St. Louis and owned by Belgiums!

I'm not sure the full story, but he didn't build a business from the ground up. He essentially used connections to take over a state-run beverage company, and then sold it several years later at a massive profit. I can imagine those dealings are just as shady as his dealings in America.

And the "100% repayment" bankruptcy didn't involve interest owed, so I would hardly call it complete repayment.

And ask Blasi how they ran Nehro into the fucking ground.