HorseGrades May

HorseGradesHorseGrades Junior Member
edited May 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
So I launched a free tip sheet a couple weeks ago (HorseGrades) and I realized that adding all my thoughts/analysis on a one-sheeter is pretty hard to do. So what I plan to do here each day is add in some random thoughts and betting opportunities that I am considering, outside of what is included on the sheet. Hope you find some value in it.

Mods, I am covering different tracks regularly, thus the title of the thread. If you prefer I re-name it just let me know.

Belmont - Saturday, May 9th

R1: Violette is hitting 42% with FTS. The #4 is suspect - making her first start at 4yo and the break in her March work tab isn't inspiring. I will not let her get away from me at a price though. 3 and 6 are the logical contenders.

R3: Field of 5 in the Peter Pan and on paper it appears to be pretty evenly matched. Bridgmohan decided to make the trip to ride Conquest Curlinate today. Only ride on the card. Baffert and Pletcher will get hit hard at the windows, but this one is worth considering at a price.

R5: I'll have a win bet on Colonel Juanita in the 6th at anything above 2-1

Race 8: Really good betting race! I landed on Copernicus but I can see a handful taking it - all are over 8-1. This one can go many ways and is a great race to take a swing in.

Race 9: in the feature I'll be using both Imagining and Twilight Eclipse. Nice to see Imagining win from off the lead in the last race. I'm a believer in the 3rd start of the form cycle angle in turf routes and expect the 4 to finally hit the wire first.

Pretty nice card today at Belmont with some good value opportunities. Much better than the last few days there, that's for sure. Good Luck

Comments

• ebcordeebcorde Junior Member
    edited May 2015
    Race 5 is wide open I have 6,8,9,5 with 4,7 on the outside

Race 8 I keep leaning towards the 11, only probem is C Velasquez I have (1,11,5,2)
  • HorseGradesHorseGrades Junior Member
    edited May 2015
    They just had a rider switch - Rosario now rides Conquest Curlinate. Bridgmohan didn't make the trip. Forget that note above.