Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    fbwinners wrote: »

Lol. You found the website I made.

JK, somebody has a little too much time... but he really is a slimy fuck.

Again, Scott Blasi is a good guy, and one of the good guys like us. He was spot-on in the PETA smear video. Ephraim is complete piece of shit.

Say whatever about his his shady past, his shady trainer payments, but once you welch on bets... Just fuck off. The facts prove he did.
    edited May 2015
    Lol. I had a few beers and forwarded him the site on twitter.
    edited May 2015
    Image.aspx?iguid=Zayat_Stables_LLC_silks&type=thumb

jew-gold.jpg

If anybody can Photoshop the Zayat silks on this picture I'll be eternally grateful.
    edited May 2015
    All from the Observer:

Angus Hamilton loves to be called “The Gambling Globetrotter,” and comes by the nickname with some justification, having co-founded the Sporting Index, which specializes in spread betting and dominates the market in the UK. He currently appears as a correspondent on a New Zealand radio broadcast.

According to Mr. Hamilton, Mr. Rubinsky was “the middle man between Mr. Zayat and the various places where he placed wages and they were all offshore. Now some of this is documented, the problems he had in New Jersey, but the other stuff, the other activities or transactions or bets were placed with offshore books. … Zayat is the player. He is the wagerer. He is the punter,” he continued, using British slang for bettor. “Howie would find places for Mr. Zayat to wager. So for example he bet with a company called Pinnacle Sports, who at that time were the biggest company in the U.S. offshore gaming industry. … Now Mr. Zayat has obviously always enjoyed a fluffer and basically ended up playing with several of these offshore sports books, and it’s well known in the industry that he still owes quite a few sports books quite a bit of money, including the one that appeared in the editorials or in the articles of Trade Winds and Costa Rica. But it’s well known and because I was involved in the industry, or I am involved in the industry that he still owes quite a bit of money around the place.”

Chris Costigan is the Founder of Gambling911.com, which is the closest thing the player side of the betting business has to a reliable trade publication (as opposed to the gaming business, which has plenty of legitimate coverage, including analysts at the major banks). Like Mr. Zayat, Mr. Costigan is a Jersey guy, though he is now living in Miami Beach. He told the Observer, “I’m hearing from more than one person that this guy Zayat owes a lot of debts. I’ve been dealing with these guys since ’97 and I know them really well, and they don’t talk to a lot of people so they are pretty much telling me, ‘Look, Chris, this guy owes us a lot of money.’” Mr. Costigan was under the impression that Mr. Zayat had been betting not just on horses but on sports. “I want to say sports but don’t hold me to it. I’m not 100% sure.”

Meanwhile, other signs of incomplete honesty have cropped up regarding Mr. Zayat. The Bergen Record reported in 2013 that Zayat Stables removed mention of Mr. Zayat having attended Harvard Business School from its website after inquiries from the paper. An MBA from Harvard was also cited by many publications plus the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and the annual report for Mr. Zayat’s beverage company, the government-owned beer company, Al Ahram Beverages Co., Mr. Zayat’s company took private in a big Middle East success story.

But even after the removal of the Harvard reference from his website and the lawyer’s attribution of the puffery to “an outside consultant,” Mr. Zayat himself could not resist dropping the Crimson name. In May 2014, he gave a sworn deposition in conjunction with the lawsuit. Here’s a telling chunk.

Q: Did you attend a college or university of higher education, in other words, something beyond high school?

A: Yes.

Q: Where did you attend?

A: Yeshiva University, Harvard University and Boston University.

Oddly enough, this reporter has some personal experience with Mr. Zayat that revealed a very charming but perhaps less-than-forthright counterparty.

In 2007, I was working on Rudy Giuliani’s presidential campaign. Tasked with finding hosts for fundraisers in New Jersey, I was introduced to Mr. Zayat, who was happy to volunteer. We chatted several times and I remember remarking on how unusual it was to encounter an Orthodox Jew who was also an Egyptian named Ahmed. Mr. Zayat laughed and told me that it helped him in his beverage business. I cannot recall the precise quote but it was something to the effect of, “When I deal with Jewish customers, I’m Amos from Englewood; when I deal with Arab customers, I’m Ahmed from Egypt.”

I'm done. I've beaten this into the ground. But him and Baffert are about the two worst connex out there.