Acorn Stakes

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
This will be my "Make It or Break It" play for Saturday at Belmont Day. 3yo Fillies going one mile.
Moreover, she will be the best price she has ever been because NY players will ignore her based on her mid-south connections.

PROMISE ME SILVER

I have seen her run and I can tell you that this filly has that special something where she refuses to get beat! I was not sure she would stretch out past 6f but she handled the Eight Bells group with ease. Bret Calhoun has had her working at Churchill Downs(sound familure?) and my Boyz at CD say her 5f works were something else and the gallop out was outstanding. She has enough Unbridled Song in her blood that the mile should be well within her reach. If Luminance and Condo Commando try to run with her they will pay for it late!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Forgot to mention that "Money" Mike Smith gets the mount and that is fine with me, Robbie Albarado has been riding her but he still gets a mount with the Assman runner who has been workout fodder for Untappable.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Thanks, will definitely check her out.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    UNDEFEATED i might add. 8 for 8! sure liked that price we got at churchill hahaha
    edited June 2015
    UNDEFEATED i might add. 8 for 8! sure liked that price we got at churchill hahaha

I really think we'll get better than the 5-1 we got in the Eight Bells?
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Good Luck! Im going all in with Condo Commando. Nice works leading in and she is back home in NY. After her last would hope to get a nice price
    edited June 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Good Luck! Im going all in with Condo Commando. Nice works leading in and she is back home in NY. After her last would hope to get a nice price

I'm hearing that Rudy may be more excited about having Condo Commando in the race than owner Michael Dubb is? Must be some issues with this one? Nevertheless, I'm through with Condo after the last race where she cost me $$$$$. If I had to play an 3 horse ex bx right now, it would be the Assman/Baffert with Promise Me Silver
    NO CONDO COMMANDO!
    edited June 2015
    i am in the same boat. no condo commando on my ticket for the exacta. I will most likely key PMS (hahaha) with baffert/assman.
    edited June 2015
    Ahhhh! Not the news I wanted to hear! I guess I will have to wait and see her odds along with track conditions
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm hearing that Rudy may be more excited about having Condo Commando in the race than owner Michael Dubb is? Must be some issues with this one? Nevertheless, I'm through with Condo after the last race where she cost me $$$$$. If I had to play an 3 horse ex bx right now, it would be the Assman/Baffert with Promise Me Silver
    NO CONDO COMMANDO!

If Dubb shows up for dinner Thursday night, we can ask him ourselves.
    edited June 2015
    Did we get any info on Condo?
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    This will be my "Make It or Break It" play for Saturday at Belmont Day. 3yo Fillies going one mile.
    Moreover, she will be the best price she has ever been because NY players will ignore her based on her mid-south connections.

PROMISE ME SILVER

I have seen her run and I can tell you that this filly has that special something where she refuses to get beat! I was not sure she would stretch out past 6f but she handled the Eight Bells group with ease. Bret Calhoun has had her working at Churchill Downs(sound familure?) and my Boyz at CD say her 5f works were something else and the gallop out was outstanding. She has enough Unbridled Song in her blood that the mile should be well within her reach. If Luminance and Condo Commando try to run with her they will pay for it late!

Mr.Smith attempting to win this race on the front end with blazing fractions?? Seriously "Mikey"??:thumbdown:
    edited June 2015
    I just now got home and wondered who was bringing up my bad play with Promise Me Silver?

The Gentleman in me keeps me from telling you what I had to say about Mikey"s ride in the Acorn.
    Moreover, Calhoun sat right behind us and he is not to happy with the ride. The only consolation is that Albarado gave just as bad of ride on the Assman favorite! But, Mike Smith really blew this race!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Did we get any info on Condo?

Dubb ate with us, he sat right by me. Really nothing to post, so I didn't. He likes his Artie Schiller runner a lot he has with Ward. Going to run afar, is what he stated.
    edited June 2015
    I just now got home and wondered who was bringing up my bad play with Promise Me Silver?

The Gentleman in me keeps me from telling you what I had to say about Mikey"s ride in the Acorn.
    Moreover, Calhoun sat right behind us and he is not to happy with the ride. The only consolation is that Albarado gave just as bad of ride on the Assman favorite! But, Mike Smith really blew this race!

Mr.Greenshaw I was not knocking your choice,I assure you.
    Have had him myself a few times.Berry,Albarado,both great rides on him,Smith showboats him to the lead into THOSE fractions?! It was "Mikey" I was knocking,not yourself or your choice.
    Enjoy your evening,and I hope Mr.Smith didn't screw up the rest of that day for you.
    edited June 2015
    TurferGirl wrote: »
    Mr.Greenshaw I was not knocking your choice,I assure you.
    Have had him myself a few times.Berry,Albarado,both great rides on him,Smith showboats him to the lead into THOSE fractions?! It was "Mikey" I was knocking,not yourself or your choice.
    Enjoy your evening,and I hope Mr.Smith didn't screw up the rest of that day for you.

My fault for a poor choice of wording. I knew you were knocking Mikey, and trust me I WAS TOO!
    I didn't let it ruin my day---but it sure left a mark!

Going to try to make up a little today at Belmont Race 3
    Dubb & Dunn both have some going in here and J. Englehart trains for Dunn's #6 Bileaps and Bounds, who may steal this one on the front end? W/P and ex bx 1--6--7.

Keep up your posting. I find your viewpoints most enlightning and informative!
    edited June 2015
    Nice cappin JG. finished 6-1
    edited June 2015
    My fault for a poor choice of wording. I knew you were knocking Mikey, and trust me I WAS TOO!
    I didn't let it ruin my day---but it sure left a mark!

Going to try to make up a little today at Belmont Race 3
    Dubb & Dunn both have some going in here and J. Englehart trains for Dunn's #6 Bileaps and Bounds, who may steal this one on the front end? W/P and ex bx 1--6--7.

Keep up your posting. I find your viewpoints most enlightning and informative!

Hate posting from my cell,but wanted to say thank you Mr.G.My experience thus far here has been enjoyable,and although I'm not a novice in the game I've picked up some very useful tenets I can apply to my handicapping.
    Thanks for the kind words.
    T.G.
    edited September 2015
    Promise Me Silver goes today!
  • n---cn---c Junior Member
    edited September 2015
    Calhoun at Churchill is okay, but in New York usually flops. He had Fiftyshadesofgold last year. Same pattern.
    edited August 2016
    Back in NY today with Promise Me Silver
    edited August 2016
    Flashed speed and then STOPPED!
    Probably hurt again and unlikely to see again for quite a while?
    Those damned Unbridled Song offspring sure are fragile!