Saturdays Plays...

TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
edited June 2015 in Horse Racing Forum

*Im the newbie here and don't want to rock the boat,and I looked for an already open topic to post this in but had no luck in finding one.

R1) This race has come up as one of the easiest Exacta races I have seen on paper in a while IMO. Starting with #1 Stanford who will likely be 3/5 in in this spot as lone speed with only one other in here that's close to be able to keep up with him in # 5 Donworth.

R2) In this nice competitive race you should see a lot better prices than in the 1st mostly for the fact there are a lot of horses in here with the right to improve,but I'm going to land on # 4 Tiz Shea D WP whom drops out of back to back to back Graded races where he hasn't run to bad. He comes in sporting a bullet work since his last effort in the Peter Pan and should sit the perfect trip from just off, at 7/2 to 4-1.

R3) This looks like a classic trainer angle of 2 horses entered,longer shot wins. But I'm not sure even that angle can derail the future superstar in #3 Competitive Edge. He's 4 for 4 and gets better with every race. With that said he should steamroll this field,but just in case and for the sake of helping horizontals,which I do not play, add Mr.Pletchers other colt in #4 Two weeks off who is no slouch at all.

R4) This race is probably the most competitive race all day in the fact it would not surprise me to see any of 5 here win and they are in no particular order starting with #13 Mosler who I would give the very slight nod to here, 2nd off the layoff who seems to love turf and Belmont turf at that,with his easy win should only improve. 2nd out here and I look for him to make his one run late but his only knock is the 13 hole which will likely produce a wide trip. #6 Something Extra will be the one to catch here and surprisingly I don't see to much speed in here to make his life difficult early . If he escapes to an easy lead he will be tough to get by in the lane. #8 Helwan here is the unknown but you can never dismiss Brown with a 1st time turf shipper and this guy has been sprinting against the best in Europe and was certainly well meant with Europe's best on his back. #1 Power Alert since arriving in America has really been flawless except for the one keen race where he didn't appear to like the softer going. For me the 6 furlong distance is my only question mark. And last but not least would be the price play in #4 Ageless who always makes one big run and usually sniffing the Tri. He gets 3rd off the layoff here and should put in his top effort which may just be enough for all the marbles at a price.

R5) Not much to say here. If JR stays on the horse #4 Untappable its only a matter of how many she wins by.

R6) Nice little race here at the same distance as the Belmont,and I find it funny how Mr. Swag ships in Sky Kingdom and throws Victor on him which I'm assuming is a practice round on how the track is playing for The Belmont aboard AP. With that said I'm going to settle on #8 VE Day ATB, he is coming in here for Mr.Jerkens 2nd off the layoff where he ran a very nice race on the turf. I look for him to make one bold stretch run here to run down the speed in Red Rifle and Efinex.

R7) #8 Shook up WP, here was my pick in the Oaks when she ran a valiant 2nd at 26-1 and unfortunately I won't see that today, but I still think we will see a solid 7/2 or so with plenty of other decent fillies here. I'd like her to sit just off like she has been,but this time to get to the wire 1st by sitting in the garden trip of a race loaded with speed.

R8) #4 Coffee Clique WP , I luv'd this one in the last and luv her right back here .She bobbled a bit early at CD and I think it cost her the win in the last where the winner in there freeked in her last for Casse and wired the field. I look for that one to regress a bit, and this one to roll by late.

R9) This race is simple for me as well and that will be #4 Tonalist WP who comes in 2nd off the layoff where he absolutely won in hand even with a slow start. He is 4-4 at Belmont and can be placed anywhere on the map. Runs into a field absolutely loaded with speed,tons of it here,which will only enhance his chances. He will be my biggest bet of the day.

R10) # 5 Big Blue Kitten WP ,I expect a run huge run in this. 2nd off the layoff. I didn't wager, but watched him in his last effort absolutely explode late and the running line doesn't say it,but he was really geared down and didn't really expel much in that effort. I would luv for him to fire back big again at a square 4-1. Bet against at your own risk Guys and Girls.

R11) And here we are. The Belmont,this is where racing immortality is 10 furlongs from happening and goes by the wayside within lengths every time since 1979. There are those that blame the trainers...Those that blame the Jockeys..Those that blame the fresh horses...There have even been those that blame Mr.Durkin..Hell Maybe its me that jinxed it since I was born 4 months after the last Crown winner in Affirmed. In reality there is no one to blame. They call it the test of champions for a reason. All of the stars have to align with the perfect horse on the perfect day and this weekend will be no different. As much as I want him to and as much as I want to see the crown I do not think it will be in 2015. My pick to win the Belmont is simply #6 Frosted WP. This is how I see it. We have been reduced to a 8 horse field which is really top loaded with closers rather than speed. At 1st glance you say wow,well that means AP should control this with no problem. That's not how I see it .I see 2 Pletcher horses in here 1 speed,1 grinding closer. I think # 8 Materiality will be out to soften AP for # 3 Madeforlucky to make his late run. With that said comes my pick whom I just think is the superior horse to Lucky in the fact I think he is faster and has better tactical speed to jump on the only 2 true speed horses in the race. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.It wouldn't be the 1st time a 1/2 shot beat me. But if this particular one does beat me, I wont be cursing...Ill be Applauding!

*May The Horse Be With You!*

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2015
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Ocala Jim?

• TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    DS,it was work enough to get those done.:sweatdrop:.Did not cap' the last two.But after taking a quick glance at my template,race 12,Maragh on #7 Taghleeb,if you want to shoot for the fence,Clements,#9 Coltimus Prime.

Nightcap,#3 Chipit, #4 Life in Shambles.Ortiz knows the Belmont track.

Goodnight and Kick azz Tomorrow.
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    I read donworth is gonna scratch ....read it on drf
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Love frosted he was shipped day after the derby to Belmont it's not the 10 furlongs I'm concerned about with AP it's the surface. Big Sandy is a different animal.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Good luck! I also like VeDay and Frosted
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    My pick 5 play

1/2,4/3,4/1,4,6/4
    1/2,4/3/1,6,8/4
    1/2,4/3/1,4,6/4
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

No, I mean the Belmont is 12 furlongs.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    One jock that thought it was 11 gave up the race.
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    😵..What a chitty day as far as my wagers.
    But what a memorable day for the Sport.👍👏