Saturday July 18, Del Mar Race 2: Free Play of the Day

2daysrace2daysrace Senior Member
edited July 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
FC-July-18-Race-2-Del-Mar.jpg

ANALYSIS: If one removes all the emotions from racing, the horses are simply financial assets and the trainers and owners are money managers trying to get the best return for their investment. I Don’t Care Who beat a couple of these when claimed for $25,000, but is risked for less after earning just a small check vs. Allowance milers June 28. Knock Em Flat chased the pace when 3rd in that May 25 affair and he’s dropped a level after being held out for six weeks. Life Is a Joy was claimed for $32,000 in April, ran poorly in the May 25 common affair and he’s down in class, too. The first-named pair can produce a profit for their connections should they win and be claimed, but there’s a reasonable chance that neither will prevail and the owners will have lost money if they lose the horse. On the other hand, Macho Sox, Eldorado Pete, and Carlot Cowboy were last spotted for $16,000. The first two were claimed last out and their connections could have dropped them for a money run, but instead confidently raise the price. ‘Cowboy has been freshened two months by a trainer that is traditionally dangerous early in the Del Mar meeting and he should get a dream trip stalking the pace from the inside. All three are dangerous, but ‘Cowboy will share HF 15a status with Sinfully. He’s the one class-dropper that didn’t compete in the May 25 affair. He’s a question mark on real dirt, but Bejarano takes over and that’s been a positive signal when he and Marquez team up. Sinfully co-tops the paper race with ‘Cowboy, too. Eldorado Prado is the upset threat for the dangerous John Martin. Playing the Bay Area invaders may be a profitable strategy at this meeting.

CLOSERS: Fastest in the stretch in recent races at or near this distance have been: Sinfully :31.0 – Eldorado Pete :31.8

With three possible runners setting the pace in 23.7 and two others possibly pressing those three in 23.8, this race could set up well for a closer like Sinfully. Now only does he top the Fractional Charting, he has the fastest closing late fraction of 31.0.

Click here for free top 10 angles for Del Mar

Comments

• TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    2) Avanzando
    5) Score Cat
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    My apologies for my error in above post.Those are my plays at Delaware saturday.Delmar..

5)Kennys Girl
    6)Rocking Robin

May the Horse be with all of You this wknd.