Saratoga play for Friday (8/21)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 10

#5 Marking (5/1 ml)

3yo McLaughlin firster appears to have outworked the very impressive debut winner Watershed by a pretty wide margin (from the gate) back on July 24. Hard not to like, considering how well that one ran (1:09 while being geared down late in a 4-length win). This one also worked h/u most recently with the older stakes winner North Slope. Looks live here for sure, and should be a nice price, as the public figures to be all over the $1.6 million Pletcher firster Farraj (5/2 ml).

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Saratoga - Race 10

#5 Marking (5/1 ml)

3yo McLaughlin firster appears to have outworked the very impressive debut winner Watershed by a pretty wide margin (from the gate) back on July 24. Hard not to like, considering how well that one ran (1:09 while being geared down late in a 4-length win). This one also worked h/u most recently with the older stakes winner North Slope. Looks live here for sure, and should be a nice price, as the public figures to be all over the $1.6 million Pletcher firster Farraj (5/2 ml).

McLaughlin has been lights out at this meet also. Good luck
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Thanks DC. Looks live
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2015
    One interesting note I forgot to mention. Two works back, he went h/u with Jess's Dream (the as-yet unraced first foal from Rachel Alexandra).
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    jess's dream runs monday at toga.....also like the rudy rod horse in the 10th..
    edited August 2015
    I gots many doubles. Only pays $11... Opens 4/5.

Nice info regardless DC.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    jess's dream runs monday at toga.....also like the rudy rod horse in the 10th..

The Rudy Rod horse was given out last night on Saratoga in 30. Not by Dirtys girl the other guy that gives out picks. I like the Zito horse
    edited August 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Nice info regardless DC.

Amazing. I thought for sure they were going to be betting the Pletcher horse here. I guess word was out on Marking.
    edited August 2015
    My girlfriend says he looks the part. And speedy.
    edited August 2015
    HRT 2 for 2.
    edited August 2015
    Scratched at the gate....wow
  • n---cn---c Junior Member
    edited August 2015
    Chad Browns wants to win Spa title, this might be the year ..
    edited August 2015
    n---c wrote: »
    Chad Browns wants to win Spa title, this might be the year ..

He's got one today named Portfolio Manager (7/2 ml) who looks kinda live. Worked h/u with Economic Model back on July 25, and that one came out of that drill to win. Klaravich Stables tend to be pretty live with firsters just in a general sense, too (though most of them tend to come out of the 2yo's in training sales.

I'm not betting this one, personally. 7/2 ml Chad Brown horse with Irad in the saddle probably means he's gonna get bet pretty hard, and the race looks reasonably wide-open to me. Suspect the Al Stall horse might be able to run a little. Brought a nice price at the sale (under tack time not real fast though), and recently outworked an unraced barnmate from the gate.
    edited August 2015
    2-7 will all come back to win soon

Ken McPeek, number 14 horse, War Stroll, was ridden by Castellano last time...McPeek is cold at Saratoga, 0-24, with 1 place and 2 shows, 3 for 24 in the money, 2 of the 3 in the money ridden by Castellano... will be keying War Stroll 2nd and 3rd next time out... was AE scratch

Dothraki Queen - McPeek runner-won at Ellis, MSW, he thinks this one is special... will be running in a stake race in the next few weeks, either at Churchill or Saratoga.
    edited September 2015
    Dothraki Queen came in last week at a good price, was on dirt though/.. Assman had the heavy fav.
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Saratoga - Race 10

#5 Marking (5/1 ml)

Entered today in Race 3 Belmont, 4/1 ml
    edited September 2015
    n---c wrote: »
    2-7 will all come back to win soon

Ken McPeek, number 14 horse, War Stroll, was ridden by Castellano last time...McPeek is cold at Saratoga, 0-24, with 1 place and 2 shows, 3 for 24 in the money, 2 of the 3 in the money ridden by Castellano... will be keying War Stroll 2nd and 3rd next time out... was AE scratch

Dothraki Queen - McPeek runner-won at Ellis, MSW, he thinks this one is special... will be running in a stake race in the next few weeks, either at Churchill or Saratoga.

BTW, this happened. dothraki queen won a CD stakes at a price.... Good call, I missed it.
    edited September 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Nice info regardless DC.

Opens 2/5 this time.
    edited September 2015
    Won like a good thing. My girlfriend liked the runner up too.
    edited September 2015
    Her:

R3: remember all of Markings issues are at the gate- he does look V fast. DannysDeceiver looks super. DomesticWarrior huge, decent looking.

She's fucking amazing.
    edited September 2015
    played against the #1 horse, T Pletcher trained, Ideal quality... 4 year old, Jan foal, ran for the first time at MTH 2 months back then later at Saratoga and had a mid 80's beyer, two times... Either this horse was hurt or has no talent... 4 year old Jan foal for Pletcher with mid 80's beyer was not going to win this MSW race...2 to 3 year old, improve speed figures, 3 to 4 year old improve speed figures, but first time 4 year old, Jan Foal, starting in June/July is not going to improve much.
    edited October 2015
    came 2nd to Dothraki Queen, finished 2nd today, almost won, but got beat by a Ben Colebrook horse..Colebrook trained under C Clement, before going on his own. Colebrook never wins with 2 year olds, but today he won.:surprised:
    edited December 2015
    Saratoga - Race 10

#5 Marking (5/1 ml)

Look who's in the Malibu today...
    edited February 2016
    Look who's in the Malibu today...

Look who won easily in Dubai today.