Two year old plays--Friday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Not going to play much today as I get ready for Travers Day on Saturday. Can't be at the Spa so I might go over to Oaklawn and make a full day of it on the simo slab! Hey, at least I'm at the track!

Two plays today going at minor tracks that have been working at CD and connex are expecting good things.

Ellis Race 6,
5 1/2 f
#8 STAX ON STACKS, 8-1
He may need longer, but at 8-1 sure worth a shot? Trainer Brad Cox had this one marked for Saratoga but he just didn't think he was ready earlier in the meet. Stuck around CD and has been working like a really good one. Jon Court takes the mount, which doesn't thrill me, but all reports from CD clockers say this one can run! Suppose to be leggy, which you expect with Unbridled Song in the blood, but also very athletic. He should be rolling when they turn for home, and this isn't the best of 2yo groups. WPS

Remington Race 2
7 1/2 on the turf
#2 SUDDENBREAKINGNEWS, 3-1
Little Donnie throws this one out for his debut going on the weeds? Don't ever see this, but the boyz at CD say this one can run! Works at CD were easy but when he shipped to Remington he got serious and posted some handily works with Luis Q in the saddle. Luis Q has the mount and this firster is no secret as the line maker installed him at 3-1. Most likely winner on the day. Heavy on the win and some to place just in case he gets beat by an unknown?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!