Hmmmmmmmm......

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited March 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm pretty sure Mike Smith has intentionally stiffed the last 3 horses he's ridden for Hollendorfer... Taken all 3 inside, had fake trouble, dropped back. Not sure what it means, but there were 2 the last day of Del Mar (maiden and layoff horse in last) and the maiden Kiss n Scat today...

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    SEASIDE GLORY close up stalking the pace between rivals then a bit off the rail, was shuffled back some into the turn, came out in the stretch and lacked the needed late kick.

Mikey getting shuffled on an even money horse? Hmmmm.

GLORY a bit slow into stride, went up inside to stalk the pace, came out into the stretch and split rivals on the line with a late bid at a minor award.

This one is way more suspect than this line reads. Although the winner, Unforgettable U, was impressive.

KISS N SCAT stalked just off the inside, angled in for the turn and weakened.

Maybe he took 3 bad mounts in a row for the king.... I'm hesitant to believe that, but who knows.
    edited September 2015
    Jeez... Make that 4. Colorful Bride never even put in the race, although this one was probably in to fill the race for her stable mate. But a total non effort in the saddle.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Didn't catch the Smith rides, but the one thing I did notice is that there sure were a lot of bombs coming in on the last day of the meet. And I don't think it's an isolated case in that respect.
    edited September 2015
    Very true DC... A lot of the smaller barns trying to make enough $ to get home to Santa Anita. Wouldn't be surprised if they fail drug tests...

Anyways, Mikey has his 5th for the 'dorf coming up... Even money off monster works, let's see if fifth time is the charm...
    edited September 2015
    Yeah he couldn't fuck that up...

I think I might lose money on a $45 pick 5.
    edited September 2015
    $45.00
    Today, 01:52 PM
    P5 | Race 1 | Los Alamitos TBred # 5 / 1,4,10 / 4,6,9 / 3,5 / 1,2,3,4,5
    edited September 2015
    $1.00 Pick 5 5/1/1,9/3,8,10,11/2 $205.70

Half of that... Lol. I hate Los Al.
    edited September 2015
    Ok... My pick 4 for sure loses $ if it hits...

$45.00
    Today, 03:52 PM
    P4 | Race 5 | Los Alamitos TBred # 2,4,5 / 1,2,5,7,10 / 2,10 / 1,6,7
    edited September 2015
    $0.50 Pick 4 2/10/1,6,10/1 $90.85

Spend $90 bucks.... Hit every race and we'll give you back $190. Fucking Los Al... It's the fair.
    edited September 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    SEASIDE GLORY close up stalking the pace between rivals then a bit off the rail, was shuffled back some into the turn, came out in the stretch and lacked the needed late kick.

Mikey getting shuffled on an even money horse? Hmmmm.

GLORY a bit slow into stride, went up inside to stalk the pace, came out into the stretch and split rivals on the line with a late bid at a minor award.

This one is way more suspect than this line reads. Although the winner, Unforgettable U, was impressive.

KISS N SCAT stalked just off the inside, angled in for the turn and weakened.

Maybe he took 3 bad mounts in a row for the king.... I'm hesitant to believe that, but who knows.

Glory back in manana.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Yeah Buddy!

Race 7 going down the hill! Glory draws outside in the 10 hole so fat chance Mikey covers him up on the rail? 4-1 ml so that last sub-effort helps the odds. Will be interesting to watch the tote board to see if Glory takes alot of play? I have a feeling she will take my play--and a key in the exotics

10---1/3/4

I don't feel that Hollendorfer will put up with another shitty ride from HOF Mikey?
    edited October 2015
    We'll see john...

$64.00
    Today, 02:49 PM
    P4 | Race 5 | Santa Anita # 1,2,6,7 / 1,2,3,6,7,8,9,10 / 10 / 3,4,7,10

I've got a few of these singling the the 7 in the last too. A couple I tossed in the 7 down the hill...
    edited October 2015
    One down. I'm sure one of the other 2 wins next time, too. He stiffed all 3 visibly.
    edited November 2015
    One down. I'm sure one of the other 2 wins next time, too. He stiffed all 3 visibly.

Kiss n scat another winner from the group. Was the king's 7000th.
    edited January 2016
    Sharaun was educated in her last, was supposed to win today, but Kent D fucked up the ride badly, and then tried to make the horse look bad so they get a price next time.

Please remind me when this one runs back. Free $.
    edited March 2016
    I'm pretty sure Mike Smith has intentionally stiffed the last 3 horses he's ridden for Hollendorfer... Taken all 3 inside, had fake trouble, dropped back. Not sure what it means, but there were 2 the last day of Del Mar (maiden and layoff horse in last) and the maiden Kiss n Scat today...

How many live horses (I.e.) Seattle serenade today has
    Mikey pulled up for the king? And 5 minutes later it's all good?

I can remember a few. These two are something else...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Was it even 5 minutes...what a joke..