Weekend best performance

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited June 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
IMO it has to go to tepin. http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/94873/tepin-airs-in-first-lady-bc-mile-next watch the video and see her cruise up around turn and just bounce away by 4 or 5 within seconds...wasnt a big fan of her but she looks to be in great spot right now..

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Red Stitch today at SA, who will crush a starter 40 next out.....
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Dirty, what do think of this one at 20/1 today in the 6th?
    edited October 2015
    Dirty, what do think of this one at 20/1 today in the 6th?

I didn't use her. Tiz pleasant, the horse she beat is nothing. IMO the connex are reaching here. Starter 40 a much better spot.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    IMO it has to go to tepin. http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/94873/tepin-airs-in-first-lady-bc-mile-next watch the video and see her cruise up around turn and just bounce away by 4 or 5 within seconds...wasnt a big fan of her but she looks to be in great spot right now..

ding ding...

Oct. 31, 2015 03:34 PM D49059457130 Breeders Cup Keeneland 8 $0.50 P4 7 / 1,3,4,5,6,7,9,11,12,13,14,15 / 1,7,10 / 4,9 $36.00 Pending
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Nice Job R.P:toast:..The race of the day thus far for me was Songbirds fantastic Run!
    edited October 2015
    i missed it..i have to watch it..had a plumbing emergency i had to fix..of all days..
    edited October 2015
    My uncle is a plumber, so I don't blame you for going to work.
    Here she is.

Watch "Songbird - 2015 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies - First Place Finish" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/bpPqLokHQHU
    edited October 2015
    You kinda knew Nyquist and swipe were a good thing when oneills second and third string horses won g1's in ny and Kentucky.... Huge run.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2015

Might have to agree with this one. She looked sensational putting away that field down the stretch. Just another example of good fillies being able to outrun males. Still not sure why it's so taboo for trainers to do it over here in America.

Huge performances also by Runhappy and Songbird, no question about it.

AP ran great also, but i think the race was handed to him on a silver platter. First by the scratch of his main pace foe (and primary contender) Beholder, and then also by the fact that none of the other Classic participants even bothered to try and press him up front (as Frosted had done so successfully in the Travers). They all seemed way more concerned with trying to run second (and look how that worked out for them), rather than trying to win the race themselves.
  • MakersMakers Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Might have to agree with this one. She looked sensational putting away that field down the stretch. Just another example of good fillies being able to outrun males. Still not sure why it's so taboo for trainers to do it over here in America.

AP ran great also, but i think the race was handed to him on a silver platter. First by the scratch of his main pace foe (and primary contender) Beholder, and then also by the fact that none of the other Classic participants even bothered to try and press him up front (as Frosted had done so successfully in the Travers). They all seemed way more concerned with trying to run second (and look how that worked out for them), rather than trying to win the race themselves.

Considering the story line and the fuss regarding her work out and the 8 and change winning time along with the challenging last 1/16th Awesome!

AP's performance was little more than a work out..While not sure of the distance Liams Map along with Beholder would have made for a more interesting race (understatement)
  • MakersMakers Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    BC Saturday winning @TimeformUS Speed Figures: Tepin 133 Nyquist 104 Found 129 American Pharoah 136 [ worth repeating :) ]
    edited November 2015

Excellent Observation D.C.!
    edited November 2015

Maybe. Maybe he's so good he makes that silver platter for himself.
    edited June 2016

How good is this mare...freak show..no meds no strip and soft ground and she still got it done against the best..
    edited June 2016
    How good is this mare...freak show..no meds no strip and soft ground and she still got it done against the best..

Just a fucking huge run. Julien was up, think about that. I'm getting fucked on the show I just finished, so I might be wagering a little less, but I made a good sized each way bet on Found. Thought I was eating surf n turf a furlong out... Ryan Moore is sometimes so good, you assume he's always gonna win.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Santa Anita Race 2 Friday
    2yo Reddam homebred Rinse and Repeat, broke slow and was flying at the end of 5 1/2 f. Only got up for 3rd but just two jumps after the finish he was on the lead in the gallop out. This one has the look of a real runner--too bad he will be saddled with carrying Mario around for the majority of his career!