Queen Pauline Debut @ Keeneland

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Much anticipated debut today for Stonestreet(Barbara Banke) 2yo filly.

Race 6
msw 2yo fillies going 6f

#3 QUEEN PAULINE, 3-1

$500k purchase by Tapit out of a Mr. Greely mare. Problem is, she is not a gray! Chestnut so that probably means she will be a sprinter rather than a two turn prospect? Who knows? What we do know is that she has been brought along in typical Assman fashion. 5 or 6 slow and steady works over at CD where she was under a tight hold. Moved her over to Keeneland and one more slow work until a week ago when she was let out and responded with a 5f work in 59:3. 2/22 at the distance that day, so we know she can run a little. She draws inside so expect Santana to send her and get position early and be close when they turn for home. She has been well trained to pick it up when she turns for home so expect her late kick today to be quite good?
I'm playing her to W/P pretty heavy and key in ex with 3---1/9.

In the 3rd, cheap claimers going 1 1/8 and most will be walking when they finish this punishing distance. Three years ago I followed a horse at Oaklawn who was pointed for stakes. Bred by Brerie Jones and owned by the Randall family, this gelding was a good looking horse who could not stay healthy. Three years later nothing has changed, still hurt a lot, but the one constant is that trainer Jim Dodgen has stayed with him and still believes this horse can win if given enough time between races. He has been off for a while now and no published works.

#7 GOLDEN FRONTIER, 12-1

My longshot play of the day! However, this is not a play for the faint of heart!

Race 8--Rood & Riddle Dowager 1 1/2 turf for older fillies & mares.
Looks like #1 is the class of the field, but I don't like the inside draw or Edgar Prado trying to work out a trip from the inside. Just me, but I don't think Prado is near the jock he was 5 years ago or so when he was winning races left and right in NY for Dutrow!
I'm playing a longshot play exacta box with 1--5--7. Ditto on the faint of heart!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    The Assman has another 2yo filly going today in the Matron Stakes, GII, at Belmont.
    #3 CONSTELLATION, 3-1. Race 4

Irad on board, and Baffert ships in #5 Pretty N Cool, 7/5. Sure looks like a ex 3/5 and a tri
    3/5--3/5--2/6.
  • n---cn---c Junior Member
    edited October 2015
    ie no barn/trainer money on the horse/.. years back , i was standing in line to make a wager for a CD race, and Assman was in front of me betting on Padua stable horse, at CD, which was running for him. Last week, ml was 6-1 on Assman msw horse, and it went out at 2-1, and today 3-1 ml went out at 3-1, 5/2- so the horse was not live.