Where's the Anchor?

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
He has got to be serving a suspension or galloping/breezing some of his BC mounts, but I don't know?
I do know that he is off a live horse at Santa Anita who has shown speed and fade under Little Joe, and cuts back today to 5 1/2 and is 6-1 ml!
#4 IRON ROB, 6-1
Ran against some good ones last summer at Delmar, like Toews On Ice, Justin Squared, Young Brian, and others. In each start, the Anchor gunned him out thru splits of 21 & 44 or 22 & 45 only to see him fade in the stretch. Today , trainer Geo. Papaprodromou goes to Alonso Q. and I would expect a trip with more reasonable fractions for the cut-back to 5 1/2 f. Presence of maiden 2yo from Baffert, Sadler, Hollendorfer will only add to the value, I expect maybe 8-1?

Dirty, don't you love it when I'm playing in your backyard!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    He has got to be serving a suspension or galloping/breezing some of his BC mounts, but I don't know?
    I do know that he is off a live horse at Santa Anita who has shown speed and fade under Little Joe, and cuts back today to 5 1/2 and is 6-1 ml!
    #4 IRON ROB, 6-1
    Ran against some good ones last summer at Delmar, like Toews On Ice, Justin Squared, Young Brian, and others. In each start, the Anchor gunned him out thru splits of 21 & 44 or 22 & 45 only to see him fade in the stretch. Today , trainer Geo. Papaprodromou goes to Alonso Q. and I would expect a trip with more reasonable fractions for the cut-back to 5 1/2 f. Presence of maiden 2yo from Baffert, Sadler, Hollendorfer will only add to the value, I expect maybe 8-1?

Dirty, don't you love it when I'm playing in your backyard!

Hopefully my kickstarter campaign raised enough to retire him humanely.