"No Bombs" Vet Day Plays CD

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited November 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
No big prices here except the 2yo clm race # 5, but the Boyz have some plays that you can put a couple of dollars on to W/P and sit back and hope for the best?

Race 3
#7 LOUD CAT, 5/2

Lieblong paid $700k for this colt and gave him to Steve Hobby, who never showed any confidence in him? His races at OP were terrible! Hobby gave him some time off and brought him back in a $50k clm race, Maggie Moss swooped in and claimed him and he went to Chris Richard, who wanted to know if he was damaged goods so he sent him in his only work since the claim and he responded with a 4f in 47.2--2/52 that day. Top jock Corey Lanerie gets aboard so the price will be short( 8/5) but he should lead these going 6f for a $40k tag all the way around! Note the Maggie Moss theory of claiming/droping/winning and being money ahead. Wouldn't be surprised to see this one get claimed tomorrow?

Race 4
#2 CASH CONTROL, 2-1

This 4yo mare was a homebred for Calif folks richard Klein and began her career at Del Mar on the old sticky shit(2014). She was trained by Steve Margolis and something went wrong and she was off for a year and reappeared in Sept at Keeneland for new hot trainer Brad Cox, where she won rather easily. Brad Cox is really an up and comer and he would like nothing more than to get more clients like Bertram Klein. Look for her to sit close in this one mile turf affair and come with a sustained bid under Shaun bridgemoyhan.

Race 5
2yo clm $15k going 6 1/2 f

#8 CANYUTEL, 10-1

Don't let this modest Texas homebred fool you, 2nd back in his blood is all eaten up with Storm Cat, Unbridled Song and Deputy Minister. Crafty breeder/owner Tom Durant is real good with these types and word from the Boyz is that this 2yo gelding can run a little. He has a series of 4f works where he is said to have finished up real fast and wanted to keep going. Debuts going 6 1/2 and that's a good sign. Durant and Trainer Randy Morse will probably go to the windows so 8-1 is probably about right?

Race 8

BEST BET OF THE DAY(or most likely winner)

#9 CHOIR DIRECTOR, 3-1

3 yo msw going one mile. This colt was up against it this past summer running in those super tough Spa msw races. Today's race doesn't have those Spa runners in it and there is a shortage of any speed in here at all. Expect Choir Director to speed pop the gate and take these w2w. The Boyz said Nick Zito was beaming after his last work, 4f in 47:1 and 1/41 that day. It;s been tough backing Zito in anything lately but this one appears ready as he cuts back from 1 1/16 races to a flat mile.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON VETERAN'S DAY!!!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I got my notes mixed-up. In the 3rd, Loud Cat sold for $240k, not the $700k I posted. Sorry!
    edited November 2015
    I got my notes mixed-up. In the 3rd, Loud Cat sold for $240k, not the $700k I posted. Sorry!
    edited November 2015

These senior moments are getting quite troublesome!
    The horse on my notes that sold for $700k was in race 8, Willis Horton paid that for Will Did It, who will be hard pressed to make back his purchase price.
    edited November 2015
    Another senior moment on race 4--#2 Cash Control--never ran in SoCal---but this race comes off turf today and this one has a great wet dirt record. Many sct will kill price and expect 3/5 at best!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Hahaha.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Hahaha.

Yeah that nag never looked like a loser JG... Made 9/2 look like a fucking gift. I'm sure you had the double too.
    edited November 2015
    The Boyz said he could run a little!

The nag Loud Cat was a dull 3rd, but check out the time as I think they went 6f in 1:09 or so---not bad for claimers?

Cash control went off at 2/5 after all the sct, $2.80 winner.

I did pretty good on the cheap claiming race! Now I just need Choir Director to get there, which is asking a lot given Zito's record of late. Brisbet's handicappers edge listed Choir Director as their play of the day, so 6/5 seems a realistic post-time odds?

How about that little Texas bred firster?