Morning Line

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited January 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
What if a track said fuck it. We don't need need them. Let you guys decide.

Comments

• shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Interesting question. I think for some of you serious players out there it wouldn't matter. In fact, you all probably have your own m/l running through your head before each meet anyway - not to mention examples of way wacky m/l's from certain track handicappers over the years (insert names here)

The question then becomes, if the track doesn't make the m/l will serious players stand to make more money and would that subsequently drive the casual bettor away? If so, the track loses.

Just a thought . . .
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    I think you're right, BUT, it hugely benefits a track to have a really good line maker, so the money is distributed back to everyone, creating more churn.

Then again, Jon white just makes 5 horses 3-1, and that probably has the added effect of causing people to use more horses than they would/should.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    What if a track said fuck it. We don't need need them. Let you guys decide.

Personally, I would love it. It'll never happen though. Way too many people just looking at the sheet/program and blindly betting the favorites. Without a morning line, they couldn't bet (at least not multi-race wagers, that's for sure).
    edited January 2016
    He's only 3-1, but Mr. barber gave me Kaigun at Sam Houston tonight.
    edited January 2016
    He's only 3-1, but Mr. barber gave me Kaigun at Sam Houston tonight.

Apparently he doesn't go until 6:30 or something. Hopefully he stays above 5/2.
    edited January 2016
    I gots some equity in this motherfucker. Have $100 worth of doubles and $20 worth of pick 3's to 3 logicals. A few exact as with him under the other 3 logicals. Let's see how expensive this elevator ride was.....
    edited January 2016
    I gots some equity in this motherfucker. Have $100 worth of doubles and $20 worth of pick 3's to 3 logicals. A few exact as with him under the other 3 logicals. Let's see how expensive this elevator ride was.....

Broke even? Made 5 bucks it's gonna be close. Apparently he ran second and still broke the old track record...
    edited January 2016
    Oh 7.50 exacta. Lost $40. Expensive elevator ride, but he was well meant.
    edited January 2016
    I'm probably gonna regret this because I'm trashed, but why is Joel riding at Sam Houston in the middle of the night?
    edited January 2016
    I'm probably gonna regret this because I'm trashed, but why is Joel riding at Sam Houston in the middle of the night?

Praise Allah. We are spoiled with riches.