Malibu Sunset

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
This one broke his maiden on Sunday at The FG for Wayne Catalano, he's out of Bernardini. He won by 10.5 on Sunday and has the look of a real runner. But I was told today, he's been taken away from Catman and he's now in the barn of Bullet Bob on the West Coast. I don't know if they can get him ready for the Ky Derby, but watch out for a Preakness try if he continues like I think he will. Go watch the replay, this one is a runner. He's also bred to be a good one. I feel for Catman!

Comments

• Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    FB,

Saw that news yesterday. He was impressive in breaking his maiden last weekend no q. With Gary and Mary West, I'm sure they wanted a colt out west for the trail. Could this colt be a Bode type that develops on the scene late and makes noise? We shall see.

Its early, but this could be the year we finally get a solid price for the derby, its that wide open at this point, even with Mohaymen winning last weekend.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Bump, running in 2 minutes at SA for Bobby B!!!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    BUMP, he's running in the Cal Chorme stakes at Los Al this afternoon.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    fbwinners wrote: »
    BUMP, he's running in the Cal Chorme stakes at Los Al this afternoon.

He's been working very well, Andy mentions Preakness in the work report. Gary Sherlock run first or second with Lino and he'll go on to Preakness.
    edited April 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    He's been working very well, Andy mentions Preakness in the work report. Gary Sherlock run first or second with Lino and he'll go on to Preakness.

◗ Baffert said on Thursday that Malibu Sunset could run in the $500,000 Woody Stephens Stakes for 3-year-olds at seven furlongs on June 11, depending on Saturday’s result.

From da blood horse
    edited April 2016

I tell you what, these Uncle Mo's can run, and it seems like anyone can train them. Still waiting for my boy Laoban to run to his looks.
    edited April 2016
    ◗ Baffert said on Thursday that Malibu Sunset could run in the $500,000 Woody Stephens Stakes for 3-year-olds at seven furlongs on June 11, depending on Saturday’s result.

From da blood horse

Yeah, one turn type, it appears. You really gotta feel for the Catman now.